6025 Pack project update 8-10

SethB6025

Update as of 8-10;

complete

Main boxes- Sets available any time! PM for info.

Posted Image

pending & worth mentioning

Radio Plate- backburnered the regular box due to Mike's much better looking version Working on variant plate for sgt. pack.

"tupperware" boxes- Looking at the possibility of making vacc'd versions of the correct parts for the top main boxes (both variants), that is, if we can figure out what they are.

corrected dessert cup Just needs a little more sanding.

ALSO- I'd like to let everyone know that this project is being worked on by multiple people, Mike aka TD1536 (who has offered up some great parts), Charlie aka crashmann, and myself are plugging away to make these & other parts happen. They are great friends, and I love spending time over a hot oven with them!

Definately! I'm planning on having the above parts completed by this time next month. I'll bring these along when I deliver the "gift" for it's finishing.

AND before anyone asks the availability question, when I'm at a point to crank some parts out, I'll let everyone know. I have to not only finish moulds, but also make a few pilot parts first. When I'm ready to share, you guys will be the first to know.

I'm sure you know this already, but they can be had super cheap on ebay. I would say pick up more than you need, and you can have them on hand for when they aren't easy to find anymore. (I've been meaning to get more for that reason)

I spent about an hour last night sanding the first main box. It's getting there, but still needs more of a radius on the corners and edges.

Looking good, I wish I had the time to try and make

things like that......

-Tim-

Well, I am cheating a bit. I had someone cut up all the MDF & Luan bits, so I did save a bit of work. I'm also starting with the easiest parts. (or at least what I see as the easiest) I'm managing to fit this in with a stolen hour here and there. If I had lots of free time I'd have finished the base parts already. The stuff I'm putting off is going to be the real time-consumers.

i´m really looking forward to this project! after the MDK guys quit their work for now this will become a real good alternative!

you can point me interested already...

However, you can bank on me making at least the main boxes & radio box!

Even if that were all you did, it would be great as they seem to be two parts that most people are unhappy about on their packs. OK, the two parts I'm least happy about on my pack. :-p

That is correct. I pulled those dimensions directly from ANH reference. Using about 20 scaled tracings of the packs, I came up with those numbers. Others who have done the same work have come up with the same numbers. I built a cardboard mock-up, and against my TE kit, the size looks perfect. Keep your eyes peeled, I will be doing a run of these very soon. I garuntee these will be the most accurate main box to date.

• 2 weeks later...

Great project trooper. I have two GF/AP anh stunt armor... But no back pack yet . So a screen accurate back pack will be a dream come true. Pleace give me info on this . Move a long... Klik... Klik