RT-97C Build

Hey troops,

This is my WIP thread for the MG-15 Heavy Blaster

I was lucky enough to get my hands on an actual MG-15 replica, and for less than £100 - I think i paid £90 for it! It’s made of wood but whoever made this did an amazing job as it’s very accurate, the saddle drum is very nicely made

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The gun had been painted a flat Black colour, but I wasn’t happy with it and there are also a few marks and bits that need some filler so I sanded the whole thing back and then shot it with a few coats of primer so I could see the parts that needed a touch of filler. I also decided that I’d add the scope rails and scopes before painting.

Rear Section and Snooper Scope

I decided I would scratch build mine, and fashion some brackets out of different pipe clips

I started off by slicing up 2 different sets of brackets and heating them to shape, and then gluing them together

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dremeled the bottom of the brackets to fit the contour of the receiver, and then screwed them in place.

The scope is made of several bits of plumbing pipe and fitments, having sat in B&Q for an hour putting bits together and looking at pics on my phone

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mounted to Gun

Posted Image

Hose (removeable) added

Posted Image

End Pieces added

Posted Image

Posted Image

I still need to add the rubber eye piece but I’ll do that after it’s been painted, and then fit the Singlepoint scope, which I’ve yet to get my hands on.

More updates soon :)

That looks sweet dude. I found a sight that sells the original hinged clips for the holder. That is one of my favorite guns......oh, i mean blasters. I would love to fire a real one some day. :teehee: :teehee:

These seem to becoming more and more popular in the UKG now. Great stuff Simon, nice find!

ive noticed that aswell brad,its a blaster ive always wanted but a couple of years ago seemed very rare! :yes:

really nice find simon,its all about finding the drum for them.

is that a one off where you got it or are there more available?

looking forward to seeing it completed mate! :thumbsup:

Update:

Today I decided I would have a go at scratch building the front scope mount. We all know how rare the real Enfield mount is, so I've tried to replicate it using spare parts

This the real one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I got a piece of scrap ABS, and some spare bits I had laying around and drew a template. I then used some plastic rod for the mounting frame, and then added the scope rings

Here is my effort:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just the single point to go, then its time for tidy up and final painting.

Cheers, Si

• 1 month later...

After several layers of weathering my MG15 is pretty muchfinished. Need to add the rubber eye piece to the snooper scope but I'm happy to call it done

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you approve :)

Cheers

Simon