NE armor

dutchy

We are not hating on the armour itself here dude, its just about how it originated. When I started off in this crazy hobby, all that was available was Armor/fx.

The helmet isn't the best though, especially considering what else is available these days for the same price.

Just my opinion.

Have fun ;)

That's it...

I don't know what is the price of this NE armour....but as an example...maybe the price is in €uro 700, then I save the remaining 200 € to get a TM armour. But to each his own....I condemn no one for it which armour someone buys.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it...

I don't know what is the price of this NE armour....but as an example...maybe the price is in €uro 700, then I save the remaining 200 € to get a TM armour. But to each his own....I condemn no one for it which armour someone buys.

:yes:

NE with no helmet cost a garrison made about $650.00 US.

In the long run no matter how it came about it is going to get bought up because it is cheaper and easier to get in the USA than the great Euro Armors. Please note I have an RS (as my TD) a TM (as my ANH Hero/Stunt and ESB TK) AND a CFO as my ROTJ TK.

I am in no way supporting the NE armor as from all the pictures I see it seems to obviously be a recast of RS. We all knew it would happen, it is up to the individual to decide if they are going to support it or not, but I suspect that price/availability will over rule many misgivings someone has.

Most of my Garrison Mates flat refuse to believe it is a recast probably because they want it themselves and have fooled themselves into believing what makes them feel better.

In the end no matter where it comes from it is a good looking suit so such is life.

Me too, this is for fun but now I am tripping because I bought two RS and they are part TM (Obvious) plus now we hear the left bicep is a yeehaw??? What else about the RS is Yeehaw??? Cause it's a lot of coin to throw down on an alleged "Accurate screen copied bad boy" when you start seeing it in the flesh and also reading "oh yeah by the way the left bicep aint exactly legit.....etc....."

Know what I mean?

So it's ok to allege "legitamate" when it's not? Well....... now we know the RS is part TM and part "yeehaw"

OK Guys,

Here are some photos of the NE Armor & my progress so far as promised. Since the photos were taken i have fixed the butt plate to sit right & i was only holding the chest & back in place. I have also completed the arms. the thighs are still the original AM ones, but yes the rest dose look like RS. I will be going for approval with a different helmet to the one that came with the kit.

Andrew.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Me too, this is for fun but now I am tripping because I bought two RS and they are part TM (Obvious) plus now we hear the left bicep is a yeehaw??? What else about the RS is Yeehaw??? Cause it's a lot of coin to throw down on an alleged "Accurate screen copied bad boy" when you start seeing it in the flesh and also reading "oh yeah by the way the left bicep aint exactly legit.....etc....."

Know what I mean?

So it's ok to allege "legitamate" when it's not? Well....... now we know the RS is part TM and part "yeehaw"

I know what you mean bro'..

I hope that everybody will be open about the lineage of their armors in the future( especially the new ones) and won't come with some shady story about we have been working on the moulds for months...blabla.

Been working on kids molds for months....got lonely in the cellar so i got me an rs and put it in my shrink ray box and mode molds from that?.....i aggree with what you all are saying....my stuff if yiu look closely at the helmet it has a gino look, as i asked him before if i can use him as a ref, also TM has helped me along the way,,,if guys are going down this long painful road i dont know how anyone can do it alone, that said, i have on hand rs and ne armor,,it is not a recast,,,it is used for ref thats for sure....I just dont like the ears and i want to make new ones i have asked where he gets his plastic from....no answer if anyone knows let me know, other then that i love the kit, it fits nice easy to build, not the lid, but nobody likes the 3 peicer, i like it cuz its big, i just want different ears, if i find the plastic and make them i will post pics and i am sure most of you will aggree its a nice set,,, also if you want side by side pics i can do that, in the name of putting this to bed.... now to hack the thred,,,,anyone want kids armor,,,its not a recast

I know what you mean bro'..

I hope that everybody will be open about the lineage of their armors in the future( especially the new ones) and won't come with some shady story about we have been working on the moulds for months...blabla.

with the moulds i am currently working on,i have been legit and upfront from the start guys! i base casted old ,inaccurate FX armour, in plaster and enlargened it , then i carved away all the detailing to get a curvier A.N.H shape to it ,the lid mould is cast in plaster from an M.R lid ,and again seriously modded and re-shaped !... then from the first pull i will be making GRP moulds of each part ! this armour is initially to fit the bigger troopers out there ,but there is also scope to trim down for average and thinner guys too without losing returns if possible ... as i said i have been up front and honest from day 1 and have a full W.I.P photo diary of every stage of the work and the donor armour too! i have been granted permission to cast and mod armour and lid from another maker,but i would rather have a go at doing this myself ! and, if we sell it ,then a good percentage of money made will go to a charity (or charities) supported by our garrison !

to be honest here everyone has either took references from Liz Moor or Brian Muirs original work and maybe from other armour makes too at some point !....but i agree that respect and credit should be made to the lineage of any stuff used for base casting ,and if you have permission to do it too is a bonus for some makers ! i respect all the top makers of armour,and their passion for what they do ,regardless of who they are ,but those who honestly try to produce new stuff should also be treated with some respect for what they are trying to do also ! -fair enough there are some who blatantly recast current top brand armours and i have no liking or respect for those people at all! hence me using defunct stuff as a base and seriously modding it ! the carved moulds in no way or shape resemble FX or M.R anymore,but i still got flack for doing it ! even my 3 variants of latex handplates got slated and a maker basically accused me of recasting theirs and demanded to see the master moulds ! i shared the W.I.P album with that maker showing that the masters were made from wood using a 2D laser cutting software then clay moulds made from them and finally the latex plates produced from clay moulds !

you can be honest and up front and still have doubters to be honest ! some people treat armour making as some kind of "black art" its just an individual makers personal interperatation of how they believe the armour detailing was using reference pics/screen caps to create a set of moulds !....thats all!

but as Rick said, ultimately its about wearing armour,helping others ,raising money for good causes,giving something back to our communities and making kids smile at the end of the day ! :)

Thanks Dave for yet another clear point of view. :thumbsup:

I also want to make one thing clear before something might hit the fan, I aint attacking any one here and I also hope that no one is offended.

And yes, it's all about the mission and charity work in the end. Putting a smile on the faces of people is the most important one..

I figure just about anything is better than the proliferation of FX kits, Recast or not :P

I know that sucks for the Armor makers like TM who works very hard for his armor, and to lesser degree RS who lets face it, recast most of their suit.

I feel bad about someone ripping off TM because his is a true sculpt he has put years into, more than RS who while certainly putting in work to clean up.prep, and sculpt some parts, did not put near the level of work into their recasting of a suit and some TM parts than TM did for his molds.

This is an expensive hobby, and the vast majority of people are going to go the cheaper route. I mean look at music/video Pirating, even being to buy stuff cheap off of Itunes wont stop people from getting it for free of of a file share site. At least this NE armor looks better than the previous cheaper alternatives.

The downside is the proliferation of recasts could hurt the prop community as the makers of high quality stuff could raise prices to make up for loss, or just stop making it altogether because why waste all your time to make someone else money?

This is a much nicer discussion than any of the ones on FISD :P We are definately a more laid back for the hobby group than Elitist Armor Snobs. Not sayin FISD is completely over run with that type, mind you :P

its a big enough market for all honest ,up front armour makers to provide armour for people of the 501st Frank :)...i am basicallymaking stuff to fit the big trooper (along with my buddies) ...the big trooper who has very little choice of nice looking armour ( an avenue which most other makers dont seem to provide for ....and if they do,the detailing is not as curvy or sharp as say TM or RS is ! ) ...i just want to give the large trooper a better looking choice over (lets say FX for example) and to basically cover our costs of producing the stuff,,make a small amount of profit for our time,and donate more of that profit to charity with out upsetting any people ( hopefully ! ) ...thats all ! ..... we dont want to upset anyone or tread on any toes here brothers, as we are all passionate about this hobby , the movies and the charity work we do ! :salute: :salute: :salute:

Wait, did we just have a conversation about recasting without anyone getting mad? AWESOME!!! Lol....another reason why the MEPD ROCKS!

This is a much nicer discussion than any of the ones on FISD :P We are definately a more laid back for the hobby group than Elitist Armor Snobs. Not sayin FISD is completely over run with that type, mind you :P

This is one of the main reasons that we are the true and one and only band of brothers. We can keep things civilized :yes:

its a grey area here ,but what does the individual interperate as recasting ? ....someone who DIRECTLY casts and sells another makers work for personal profit,? or is it someone who base casts a defunct,inaccuraste armour and modifies / improves it by way more than 10% ? are there many who do 100% pure sculpts without using the reference pics of Liz Moor and Brian Muirs original work or original screen used armour ? .....i would say the true criminal here is someone who Directly recasts and sells another makers original work for personal gain only ! and has no interest in the 501st or its supported charities and only makes (recasts) it to "leech " off the back of our legion,and to fill their own pockets ! ...they are the TRUE Criminals here ! and that is why i am against what they personally do here guys ! i have recently seen recast RS armour on ebay U.S in cheaper materials and they were selling at cheaper prices ! ....(again to take the market from an honest ,original armour maker) AND IT MADE MY BLOOD BOIL guys! ! yes...this is the "criminal here brothers !:(

.....i would say the true criminal here is someone who Directly recasts and sells another makers original work for personal gain only ! and has no interest in the 501st or its supported charities and only makes (recasts) it to "leech " off the back of our legion,and to fill their own pockets ! ...they are the TRUE Criminals here ! and that is why i am against what they personally do here guys ! i have recently seen recast RS armour on ebay U.S in cheaper materials and they were selling at cheaper prices ! ....(again to take the market from an honest ,original armour maker) AND IT MADE MY BLOOD BOIL guys! ! yes...this is the "criminal here brothers ! :(

Spot on!

and may i also say guys that many MEPD members have seen my W.I.P progress in full on the armour,lid (including the donor FX and M.R lid at the start all the serious mods i have done to them and also the 3 variants of latex handplates from wood mould to final latex casts from day 1 of the projest :) ...i was honest and up front from the start about this project brothers :) ...unfortunately it was only the "eliteists" that slammed (rather than support me) me for what i was attempting to do here ! the guy who made my SWAT approved sandie armour has given me full permission to cast ANYTHING i want to if i need it ! ,but i refused to do that out of wanting to create a new sculpt from a base cast of enlarged FX (to get a guide on the lines to work from etc;) and then seriously mod it all !...... both him ,and another very talented and experienced original armour maker/producer are also helping and assisting us in our project,and offering any advice on the vac-forming techniques as it is ongoing :) when the time is right, i will share all with you all if it is allowed :)

that is very nice set of armour,ok so it does look identicle to my RS,and in my opinion is a complete recast!

but no proof as yet,so you got a good set at a good price! :thumbsup:

To be honest Marcus, I have been using the photos of Rolfs RS suit as a guide for my build.