Ear Caps

Caomhanach

Quick question - On my RT Mod, for some reason, I have smooth ear caps, no bumps... So has anyone checked to see if any ear cap can go on others as I am looking to replace them? Are they pretty much unique? Is it best to get a new set from RT? Thanks

as far as know mate all ears are smooth on all makes!

is that what you wanted to know?

also not all ear caps fit all lids! :thumbsup:

CRL states that the ears should have 4 bumps (for the ranking) but mine do not so I assume that they are made with the bumps... However I think you are right regarding caps not fitting hence me asking

As the others have said, the ears are not universal, so a particular set of ears will not fit every helmet.

Regarding bumps on the ear caps, I have a VT lid, which I understand is derived from the TE lid which was cast from a screen used helmet. My lid has bumpy ears, so I guess it just depends on the maker.

Souns like you've got FX style ears, with the bumps being a separate piece.

Have never seen an RT helmet, but I guess that those ears, with no rank bump, are wrong.

You can always add the bump molding it and glueing it, getting new ears from another maker and make them fit *you can do it if the plastic is flexible enough and you have enough patience). Or getting new ears from RT, I guess.

Let us know if we can be of any help.

Saludos

No, I see what you're saying Mike. You have ears but where there should be the 4 small bumps, yours are smooth - sounds like you have the older set of RT mod ears. So, to answer your question - no, i personally haven't. You could try other ears if you have someone close to you that could lend you one for trial, otherwise it could become expensive to keep ordering other vendors ears. Otherwise, keep emailing RT mod - they should reply soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...