My Great Boot Find!

Hi guys I thought I would share a great find on Ebay that I bid on and won, these turned up in the post today, looking foward to painting these up and getting them dirty :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its taken me a couple of years to find a pair of these now my search is over :td:

Thanks guys, @Juan I spent one evening just looking through 'Chelsea Boots' on Ebay and found them after several pages so guess I was lucky and looking at the right time.

Cheers guys, I still cant believe they are sat on the floor in front of me :yes:

Will def get some insoles as I had to make my other boots more comfortable with some plus im hoping they will also protect the brand logo as well :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Great find. Wow, once I began searching in earnest for Chelsea boots, I found many more options. Forget the label jodhpur. Those barely exist in the states. Believe it or not, I have a pair of Spock boots on my shelf that are really johphur boots, but I never dreamed I'd need stormtrooper boots and they are too boxy on the end.

If you don't mind me asking, what technique did you use to make them white? I found some nice Cole Haans and Ralph Lauren makes, but they are so nice that i'm hesitant to turn them white. Plus I need to head to a store and ensure they aren't too narrow.

Hi Scott, ive yet to make these white just not got round to it :whistling:

The last two pairs that I have done I used a product called Tarrago which is a shoe dye and comes in a kit to prepare and dye the leather and is brushed or sponged on, im not sure if you can get this across the pond.

It takes a little while to do so needs some patience (mine took approx a week to do each pair) but they came out great and have lasted well.

The dye will wear off in places but this just adds to the screen accurate look.

Hope this helps bro :td:

Yes that does help. I've placed a few bid s on used black or brown Chelsea boots as the white boots that are available im not sure of the quality.

It is funny, because I once read that the UK has higher quality shoe makers, and my search for boots seems to be confirming that. As a matter of fact,I read that some German spies would bring back English footwear for themselves and others during WWII. Fascinating.

• 6 months later...

UPDATE BOOTS NOW WHITE

Its been quite a while since I bought these boots but now ive finally got them coated up white :whistling:

So after 6 coats of Tarrago white leather dye and 2 coats of Dylon white fabric paint for the the elastics heres how my Stuart's have turned out.

I will be using them for my TK to start with but may dirty them up if funds allow me to upgrade my sandy armour :thumbsup:

005_zpsc5d704bd.jpg

004_zpsa97f04d9.jpg

003_zpsc38dc0d1.jpg

002_zps949e2093.jpg