E-11 Tunisia Blaster for Connoisseurs

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you my brothers!!! This weekend will be sanding off the texture on the handgrip and modeling putty on the needed areas as those pointed out by our fine builders Felice and Opi.

However I'm missing a piece in which I'm rushing time for will have to craft with a blacksmith friend of mine. Took this reference pic by our very own spirited "76 All the way!" Dave Harris ;)

Got any measures according to these pics so I can bring to life the metal rail?

post-3936-0-87826400-1369378238_thumb.pn

post-3936-0-76940700-1369378253_thumb.pn

Hey Tigui,

Great build so far bro...

There is something I would like to bring regarding the scope rail.

It looks for me that this specific version of the E11 has the front end of the scope rail mounted into the last of the blaster cooling holes. Not on the tube itself.

CHeck this reference:

Blue holes are the ones going to the back the most, the red ones staying a little closer to the front.

The top row of holes goes all the way to the last position of the wholes, as the one on the side, and that is exactly where the end of the scope is inserted.

Posted Image

Also, check how I did mine.

Posted Image

What do you think?

Saludos,

Nice catch Juan and thank you! So as I see in your reference pic:

1 How do you anchor the rail end's that goes to the gun point of the barrel? Looks like it only digs like a stake, but do you glue or assure it somehow so it won't get loose?

2 Any height, width, length measures about the rail? It gives me a bit of a notion on looking on the pic, just wondering the width of the rail as well as how much does it lift off from the barrel (height)?

;)

Here you go.

These are pictures of my own scope.

The scheme is not 100% accurate, the drilling measiurements for the scope are off. So maybe make the rail, and then after proff fitting to your e11, mark the spots to drill.

The front end will be placed as a hook, and wiill be hold in place by preasure from the back end screw and the shape of the front end.

Hope it gives you a good idea of what I did.

Saludos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

On this blaster kit, does the folded stock protrude slightly further than the tip of the barrel? I know on some kits that this is not the case, and looking at the blaster you're replicating, there is a mm or two sticking out. ;)

Log 2 on my Baptsy build. Ok Sandbros, here's an update on the job done so far in my blaster:

1. Drilled thru the tip of the stock to resemble the irregular rectangular kinda of shape. Shaping with sanding tools took a bit long. Happy with the result though.

2. Engraved the square like figure on the stock with the little hole on it.

3. Shaved away cap mag. I did it Ruggero :D! Will add later on a bit small border that goes along with modeling clay.

4. Sanded completely all traces of texture in the hand grips.

5. Add rivets to both sides of the handgrips.

6. Modeled with clay the vertical space on the hand grip and filled al gaps.

Specially did a lot of clay work on the left side as I made even both sides.

Would you guys say that the mini square like box with the drilled hole goes also on the other side of the hole?

Thanks for the support brothers!!!

post-3936-0-69646400-1369553982_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-93697200-1369553998_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-24264300-1369554010_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-90543700-1369554030_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-95603700-1369554042_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-48781300-1369554057_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-23384000-1369554072_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-36237600-1369554083_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-10542400-1369554103_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-64428600-1369554114_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-82907400-1369554128_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-11514000-1369554140_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-94775400-1369554150_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-97152100-1369554164_thumb.jp

Ok bros find this nice solution in filling up the barrel with a tube pipe that of course will weather accordingly.

Question goes:

Do you think this solution would be Baptsy worthy?

Even though the recoil part is not filled to the top?

I like it because it gives a more realistic look and feature to the blaster.

However accuracy over looks weight more on me.

What do you think?

post-3936-0-97002100-1370071229_thumb.jp

Thanks Smally bro its been a day of adding the aluminum trigger guard, filling and modeling clay gaps and sanding parts before assembly begins.

Will post pics later on ;)

However I have a big question my T-tracks are rigid rubber like pieces.

I'm planning to heat the tips to mold and fit them into the proper holes.

Any other pointers for doing this? ;)

Dear brothers I've been going back and forth on various E-11 build up threads for a long time; from here, FISD to Google :woot:

Bought a time ago DVH E-11 Black Resin kit. My goal? Making it as Tunisian as possible :thumbsup::td:

I've already started my buildup, drilling up holes and stuff on the PVC pipe.

I've seen amazing builds like Sir David, Ruggero and Juan. I'm truly grateful to them and Max Gabriel for inboxing me and aiding myself with pointers along the way. :salute:

However I've come to a "VISUAL DEBATE" on my head on what looks freaking cool and what makes it legit Tunisian.

Therefore I took some great reference pics from Sir David and Ruggero's

and turned them into a visual Q&A to get the best pointers I could get which is here: My Mos Eisley Sandbrotherhood :td::yes:

That said, what do you think of these visuals? ;)

Luis ...the pic of my build for Smally shows a missing catch for folding stock under the back end of the barrel,that is because Brad was awaiting that part from Doopey Doos,and also the selector switch -safety catch- (and he still is too i believe ! ) a great and informative thread though bro ! well done Mi Amigo :)

• 2 weeks later...

i'm in the process of building a PVC E-11 from scratch, handmaking every part for my move along trooper.

This thread is invaluable, and i caught it at the absolute perfect time in the midst of my building. Thank you SO much for this, Looks like i'm gonna make one of these right off the bat.

Thanks brothers!