E-11 Tunisia Blaster for Connoisseurs

Dear brothers I've been going back and forth on various E-11 build up threads for a long time; from here, FISD to Google :woot:

Bought a time ago DVH E-11 Black Resin kit. My goal? Making it as Tunisian as possible :thumbsup::td:

I've already started my buildup, drilling up holes and stuff on the PVC pipe.

I've seen amazing builds like Sir David, Ruggero and Juan. I'm truly grateful to them and Max Gabriel for inboxing me and aiding myself with pointers along the way. :salute:

However I've come to a "VISUAL DEBATE" on my head on what looks freaking cool and what makes it legit Tunisian.

Therefore I took some great reference pics from Sir David and Ruggero's

and turned them into a visual Q&A to get the best pointers I could get which is here: My Mos Eisley Sandbrotherhood :td::yes:

That said, what do you think of these visuals? ;)

post-3936-0-05198800-1369032001_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-63293100-1369032059_thumb.jp

post-3936-0-56493800-1369032079_thumb.jp

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UUuuuh...another Babty build...great to see, that this is become more popular. I think I have to build this variant as well :lol:

I've been following this topic with great interest :sweat:

I guess that's why they call it emblematic E-11 after all! :D

Sure thing will be posting progress pics along the way which I've already started ;)

I'd suggest you without the safety but also I noticed :

• the lack of screws on the front part

• the magazine in the original pic has no cap at the end

Thanks Ruggero!!! Yeah your right I love what you did with your front bolt screws, but I will be calling them off on my build

As for the magazine cap that's where my visual debate starts...I could either shave it completely off or keep it within, don't know, don't know...Its kind of sacrificing looks over real life reference. My point is that no gun in real life would function without the cap that holds the mag, spring will pop out inmediatly :D :D :D What would you guys suggest?

I had the same thoughts of the magazine! My first variant is with the cap but now the cap is off:-)

tomorrow i'll install the wooden magazine and start the painting....

enjoy the built my friend!!! the bapty is a great blaster and for me the best doopy conversion!

Cheers,

Felix

I had the same thoughts of the magazine! My first variant is with the cap but now the cap is off:-)

tomorrow i'll install the wooden magazine and start the painting....

enjoy the built my friend!!! the bapty is a great blaster and for me the best doopy conversion!

Cheers,

Felix

Thanks Felix it's a visual battle from the kit I have and how to make it Baptsy Tunisian legit as possible. As this is the only reference pic I have been trying to find another version of it if by chance another production blaster has the same elements as the mag cap or different ones.

I'm for example in the phase to start assembly, but before I do wanted to touch base with all my brothers to have the creme of the creme judgment and knowledge I can get ;)

Great to see a tunisian build!

I am planning to do one myself sometime in the future, maybe next year.

As fo how I would go, I would go as far as trying to replicate the real prop. I would not care if it looked like a real gun or not, I would go for the prop look.

But that is me...

Good luck with your build my friend.

Will be "watching with great interest your progress"... ;)

Saludos.

Great to see a tunisian build!

I am planning to do one myself sometime in the future, maybe next year.

As fo how I would go, I would go as far as trying to replicate the real prop. I would not care if it looked like a real gun or not, I would go for the prop look.

But that is me...

Good luck with your build my friend.

Will be "watching with great interest your progress"... ;)

Saludos.

Thanks Juan! I agree on the real prop it's like a dinosaur print: Like the only one we have :D

These links I'm attaching have giving me great insights over the past weeks:

http://www.propstore...operblaster.htm

Especially quoting:

"When we discovered the weapons sadly all of the original components from each of the blasters had been long since stripped and removed. What was great to see was that markings from the original rivet that held the top rail in place just in front of the rear site were still visible.

This blaster has been faithfully restored with replica dressing parts to complete the look of the Stormtrooper blaster. The parts are extremely accurate to the originals."

Now the second link

http://www.originalp...-iv-a-new-hope/

That said I think I found the holy grail of why the mag appears without the cap :woot: :woot: :woot: ???

"As such, the firing versions of these props were altered for production by some cosmetic dressing: the addition of six grips along the barrel (the same found “T-Track” used as grips on Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber), a vintage 1942 model M38 azimuth scope mounted on a custom-made scope rail (as well as other similar vintage military tank scopes), a Hengstler Corporation industrial counter box on the side, and two small cylinders on top of the magazine well (in some cases coiled wires were attached between these and the Hengstler counter box). Additionally, the 34-round Sterling magazine was cut down significantly."

As stated above my mind tells me that due to production deadlines and prop handling they just cut off the mag and never put attention in seeing it was capless :D :D :D

I made my blaster with the original magazine cap, I dont like the wooden version :)

I used this for refference:

Posted Image

Its cool that we can see more and more bapty blasters finaly :)

for me the only true sandtrooper e11 blaster :))

And here are some pics of my first doopy bapty built...i hope it helps for your decision to make a wooden magazine:-)

my reference was the pic in deborahs fine 'star wars chronicles'

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image