Sandtrooper down.

Havoc6538

Most of my Britannia buddies already know, but I'm in hospital at the moment following a spontaneous pneumothorax and collapsed right lung.

Week before last I sat up in bed and got a sharp pain in my chest and difficulty breathing. Felt muscular, rather than heart related and my doctor confirmed my heart was fine and that in his opinion I'd pulled a muscle in my diaphragm and it would get better ny itself.

So I went ahead with the Legoland troop the next morning,uch of which involved trudging up and down steep hills in costume. I was more than a little breathless at times, but glad I went as it was an awesome day.

Anyway, long story short, it didn't get better so I spoke to my doctor again last Friday and he told me to get to A&E (or ER if you prefer) immediately, where an xray showed a severely collapsed right lung. Whoops.

Too much air around the lung to draw out manually, although they did try for a bit, so I currently have a drainage tube in my chest, which today was also attached to a suction system as the problem was not shifting on it's own. The last xray I had showed that the lung is only one third inflated, so if the suction doesn't work it'll mean surgery. I have another xray in the morning so will know more after that.

Going stir crazy at the moment. Going into day 4 of being in hospital. Can't wait to get out of here ASAP, but have been lifted by the news that my costume got SWAT clearance, so it's not all bad!

Speedy recovery in the MosEisley Infirmary mate, I hear the Imperial nurses arnt too bad though ;)

Hope you get better soon though and hope to see you back in action v.soon though mate.

Congrats on the SWAT :thumbsup:

Pphewww i´m sad to hear this, hope you get better soon.

I have no idea how major this is, but sounds bad.

I hope you will be back in tip top shape in no time, whit no major after pains or sickness bro.

Hugs :thumbsup:

Dude, that sucks!!! Embrace the down time my friend. It's not very often we get the opportunity to just kick back and not be expected to do anything. Get better and we will see you on patrol when your ready

Thanks for all the support guys. I really means a lot.

Not much of an update, but nearer to some sort of conclusion.

The last xray showed a more significant improvement than before, but frustratingly not enough to come off suction or have the drain removed, so am having one more xray today and another review. The consultant has said in her opinion, that even if the lung does fully inflate, due to how long it's taking, she doesn't think it will adhere to the chest wall as it needs to, so has referred me to Guy's hospital in London for surgery. Can take a few days to be referred depending on bed availability, so not going anywhere fast.

Obviously, if my lung sorts itself out, the referral can be cancelled. We'll see what this morning's xray brings...

Thanks for all the support guys. I really means a lot.

Not much of an update, but nearer to some sort of conclusion.

The last xray showed a more significant improvement than before, but frustratingly not enough to come off suction or have the drain removed, so am having one more xray today and another review. The consultant has said in her opinion, that even if the lung does fully inflate, due to how long it's taking, she doesn't think it will adhere to the chest wall as it needs to, so has referred me to Guy's hospital in London for surgery. Can take a few days to be referred depending on bed availability, so not going anywhere fast.

Obviously, if my lung sorts itself out, the referral can be cancelled. We'll see what this morning's xray brings...

oyyyy.....keep us posted man