Help us get Anthony Forrest to Celebration, Essen!

Smally

Hi troops,

I have been in touch with Anthony Forrest on FB and asked him if he will be attending Star Wars celebration, Essen. Here was his reply:

Anthony Forrest:

Hi Brad... I haven't had an invitation from Ben Stevens at Official Pixs, as they are the ones who do the guest bookings. Perhaps if a few of the 501st members sent him a guest request email: benstevens3@gmail.com who knows it might happen. Be great to join you all... Cheers Anthony, 'Move along...'

I replied telling him that i would post up on the Britannia patrol FB page and the MEPD to get his fans emailing. So, can I call upon all of the troops of the mighty MEPD, wether you're going to Essen or not, to please drop Ben Stevens an email requesting Anthony to be invited.

Not only would Anthony get to go to this awesome event, but he'll also know that the MEPD had something to do with his invite - how cool would that be?!

Cheer guys,

Smally.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need the main man there!! :-)

Amen to that brother!

Here's the email that I've just sent to Ben:

Dear Mr Stevens,

I have been reliably informed that you are the person to contact to request star appearances at Star Wars Celebration, Essen.

I am a member of the UK Garrison, 501st Legion as well as a member of a 501st detachment forum - the MEPD.

Collectively we wish to request that an invitation be sent to Anthony Forrest who played the infamous "Move along" Sandtrooper in A new hope.

The MEPD forum is a detachment of the 501st legion specifically for Sandtroopers worldwide. Anthony is naturally therefore a idol to us 'Sandies' and it would be amazing that we get the opportunity to meet him. MEPD Members from all corners of the earth are planning to meet up at Celebration so this would be a fantastic and memorable time that we hope to share with Anthony Forrest!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Brad Small

TD7141.

Here is a follow up email I received today from Anthony Forrest:

Anthony Forrest

Hi Brad,

Many thanks for the support... nice letter... we'll have to see how Ben responds. It may take a little while as they are in the midst of an up coming convention they run in Dallas. MEPD... 'the true grit of the Empire'. All the best... Anthony 'Move along...'

Get those emails sent boys!

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the event in Günzburg last year where Anthony attended so he definately has to come to Essen.

Is there a template letter or something similar available or are we free to mail?

Free to mail my friend. ;)

Copy that Brad :yes:

Mail is send..

This is what I send:

Dear Mr. Stevens,

I have been told that I could address you concerning requests regarding star appearances at CEII in Essen.

I am Justus Parinussa, a 501st member and also a proud member of the501st Mos Eisley Police Department Detachment.

We of the MEPD portrait the sandtroopers as seen in a New Hope.

My request, and that of the whole MEPD, is that Anthony Forrest who played the well known “Move along trooper” will get invited to attend this great event.

Therefore adding an extra dimension to the CEII event for all the attendees and guests.

A lot of troops of the MEPD are looking forward to CEII and with the addition of Anthony Forrest this would become a more than memorable event.

Looking forward to your reply.

Respectfully,

Justus Parinussa

TD-1560

Dutch Garrison

Fingers crossed!!!!

Man that was fast... Brad already replied :woot:

Thanks Justus, we have already filled all the slots. Lucasfilm will be announcing the remaining actors soon.

Sincerely,

Ben Stevens

Official Pix by C2 Ventures, Inc.

http://www.officialpix.com

http://www.dallascomiccon.com

http://www.fandays.com

So my guess is that he won't be there... :pinch:

I got pretty much the same response mate. It looks a bit doubtful I think :(

I informed Anthony and he stated that he's not received anything yet.

Shame.

Thanks Brad! :yes:

If Anthony gets invited or not, we will grab a beer at CEII anyway mate!

:pint1::salute:

Roger that dude! I just hope everyone will be wearing name tags to help us identify each other!

I'll be the one jumping around in a 70's afro wig.... :P

But I'll be wearing MEPD gear too, so I'll be easy to spot... ;)

Mepd gear and Afro is exactly what I'd planned to wear! Lol