Height increasing insoles...

Yeah yeah I'm a little shirt for a sandtrooper! Doesn't bug me so much, but I'd like to get a little closer to screen accurate height. Especially when teenage girls come up to take a pic with me and they are taller than me! haha. I'm 5'8 now and found some height increasing insoles which say they will add 2". Was wondering if anyone here has ever tried them? If not, I'll be ordering a pair soon and I'll let you guys know how they work out!

Was not trying to say you cant be taller!

I am 6 foot 1 and usually have to duck a bit to be shorter than our DV in pics....

Was just saying since the first post said closer to screen accurate height.

Fact is as the time goes by, people get taller. in the 1800s someone 5 foor 8 was a giant! I have had people tower over me at troops these days.

I have em in all of my suits lol. they work great! BUT..i usually have to get a size larger for most boots. With TKboots, if you dont the top of your foot gets squished in the boot because the boot doesnt give much at all in that area. If you get a size larger boot its more comfortable as your foot can rest further back and relieve the pressure on the top of your foot. :)

I have em in all of my suits lol. they work great! BUT..i usually have to get a size larger for most boots. With TKboots, if you dont the top of your foot gets squished in the boot because the boot doesnt give much at all in that area. If you get a size larger boot its more comfortable as your foot can rest further back and relieve the pressure on the top of your foot. :)

Thanks! I'll be getting a pair soon then.

Fact is as the time goes by, people get taller. in the 1800s someone 5 foor 8 was a giant! I have had people tower over me at troops these days.

Maybe I'll just wait 200 or so years then and forget the insoles!

Well that was from Brian Muir who sculpted the suit on a cast of an English actor. He had said in the past on the RS webpage that it was for about a 5 foot 7 guy and about 150-175 lbs...

ahh here is the blurb... looks like you were right as Denis plenty was 5 foot 10, but according to Brian the various TKs/TDs were from 5 foot 6 to 5 foot 10.

Brian tells us he sculpted the armour over a casting of Dennis Plenty who was 5′ 10″ (178cm) inturn we would recommend this for fitting, however there is scope to move outside these tolerances. We have guys looking great in the suit at 5′ 6″ to 6′ 3″ (168cm to 190cm). We also recommend a slim fitting, but it fits upto around a 36″ (91.5cm) waist, please contact us if you have any doubts about the way the armour will fit, we are pleased to advise.

I'm 5 foot 5 inch... cant tell you how many "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper"'s i get... I normally just reply I was squashed in a landing accident or I'm a sandtrooper... or that I'm actually Luke. D:

• 3 weeks later...

Got them. Can't get my foot in my boots at all with them in :( ill try a larger size and see how it goes if I can find some.

i dont have any,but i do use gel inserts.

on my first troop in my chelsea boots my feet ached like **** by the end!

but after putting in gel inserts the difference was massive!

not quite on topic but thought it might be interesting for anyone suffering! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...