How do you transport your pack?

Havoc6538

Just wondering, is all. Due to the size and shape of it, it's a bit awkward to transport in a crate or box.

Obviously it would be nice to keep it covered after an event when I'm lugging my gear back to the car, just so it's not overwhelmingly obvious that I'm the guy who was wearing the sandtrooper costume earlier.

Have any of you made custom covers for your packs?

Ive just bought a large bergan cover for mine (desert cammo pattern) and got it cheaply off the bay.

It completely covers my pack inc the mortar tube so I will be able to carry it on my back leaving my hands to hold the lid, DLT-19 and case with the armour in :thumbsup:

Cheers Daz, I'm bidding on the one you suggested. Now I just need a matching gun bag for my 2pce doopys DLT-19. I have a woodland camo one at the moment, but i't just not right.

Marcus, just search for Bergan cover.

@Marcus just search under Bergan cover mate :thumbsup:

Si glad to be of help mate its a really good large cover and will cover your pack easy and with room to spare, I just hope you got get into a bidding war with Marcus now :whistling:

It might even pay you both to see if he has a buy it now price as he must have more then one.

I found a pack "tote bag" in a camping store for AUD$12.00.

Designed to encase the straps (and any external attachments) of rucksacks whilst on aircraft etc. I cut four slots in the back of the nylon to allow the fieldpack straps to be fed through and worn.

Enough room for pack and T21 bfg, with a lockable zipper and window for 501st decal!

Marcus, here's one with a decent BIN price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Army-Desert-Camo-Backpack-Cover-Surplus-Equipment-Military-Rucksack-Bag-/121101211097?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item1c3231d5d9

I've already put a bid in on one which ends in a few days, so you're safe with this one. Wish I'd found this first. I'd probably have received it by now.

• 3 years later...

I really like this thread. You have to protect that pack, especially with the time and money that went into it.

Since this thread is a bit old, I'm just curious if anyone else has found a new way to transport/store it? I'm looking for all the ideas I can get.

I use a plain old duffel bag from Amazon. It isn't as sturdy as a hard case, however, I can still transport it rather easily either on top of my wheeled armor tote or even over my shoulder. I keep my pack zipped up while in storage to prevent it from getting dusty. I suppose it provides light protection from scratches and stuff. I've seen some other trooper with hard cases for their packs. I guess you need to compromise between protection and weight. This little pack was easy on the wallet, has been great for storage, and for trooping events that I've attended.

Amazon link for the duffel: http://amzn.to/1WgyJqm

IMG_4247-e1461300961475.jpg

BTW P3laton3, that disassembling pack is awesome.

I use a plain old duffel bag from Amazon. It isn't as sturdy as a hard case, however, I can still transport it rather easily either on top of my wheeled armor tote or even over my shoulder. I keep my pack zipped up while in storage to prevent it from getting dusty. I suppose it provides light protection from scratches and stuff. I've seen some other trooper with hard cases for their packs. I guess you need to compromise between protection and weight. This little pack was easy on the wallet, has been great for storage, and for trooping events that I've attended.

Amazon link for the duffel: http://amzn.to/1WgyJqm

IMG_4247-e1461300961475.jpg

BTW P3laton3, that disassembling pack is awesome.

This is the solution I think I am going with. And using a bungee cord over my armor crate.