Rom-fx Power

Hi guys, I recently managed to get a Rom-fx and wondered what any of you guys who already have one do for power? Do you just use the square battery, a 4x AA pack or 8x AA pack and how long do you get out of what you use? Thanks in advance.

Hi Neil, I know alot of the guys have gone the 12v route using 8x AA batteries and this gives longer running times and is louder.

I have not taken this route and use a 9v setup, I have 2 very good 9v rechargable batteries and use one for the morning and change to the other in the afternoon and ive never had any issues doing it this way and the batteries would last longer if need be, it is plenty loud enough for me to interact with the public and light enough to have everything behind my chest plate.

I will be using the same set up when I get my TD cleared.

Hope this helps mate.

Thanks, I picked up a 8x AA holder for a quid and its a little bit too bulky for behind my chest plate really as I already have the Rom+speaker in there, I also just ordered the 4xAA as its half as thick (obviously lol) just wanted to know if 4x AA would last the day. If the 4x is still a little awkard I'll go the route you use.

Did you see the small mod I did by installing he rom and the 8aa pack into a small box from maplins mate?

It fits nicely into the chest cavity along with the small speaker. It's all tidy and out of the way.

Have a look in my RBC/Anthony Forrest replica build thread if not ;)

No worries bud. Hope it give you some ideas.

It sure does, ive not got time before LEGOLAND to start on getting something done like that but its pretty neat, hopefully I'll get to see it in the flesh, your at LEGOLAND right?

I use 8 double A's in double battery holders, wired in series. I line the bottom of the inside of the back of my helmet with them to hide them. I get about a year of trooping out of them. That's about 12 troops and 3 cons.

It sure does, ive not got time before LEGOLAND to start on getting something done like that but its pretty neat, hopefully I'll get to see it in the flesh, your at LEGOLAND right?

Sure am mate. Ill see you there.