Wonderfest / Kids Run 2013

silverboyd

Despite the rain the day before and the weather being pretty cold (43 degrees for the first 2-3 hours) this was a great event. This was the 5th year for the Wonderfest in Charleston, SC and I believe that this was the biggest turn-out for them. The Wonderfest is the city's biggest FREE Family Event of the year with over 7,000 attendees showing up. Everything at this event was free: rock climbing walls, live music, obstacle courses, hot dogs, Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, and lots of national toy companies were on hand to give out free toys to all children that attended plus lots more.

Setting up our tent's display table turned out nicely. Especially since I got to finally show off my 501st Legion / Carolina Garrison banner that I finally had made. The table setup we had was pretty full in displaying brochures, upcoming Garrison events, info about R2KT, Detachment info as well as a nice collection of hand-made props (2 custom lightsaber hilts built myself and the rest of the props were made by Chris Gould...Vader chest armor & partial resin helmet, RotJ Thermal Detonator, resin Biker Scout blasters, Lobot headset, KS Biker Scout helmet as well as a Gonk Droid which doubles into an armor storage bin).

The event started @ 11 am and around 1230-100 the sun finally came up and the temperature climbed to a comfortable 63 degrees. Once the clouds parted and the blue sky came out, so did the crowd. What started out as a slow first few hours turned into an overwhelming (but very welcoming) crowd of attendees. We posed for lots pictures, both with attendees as well as plenty of local mascots, and we were treated to a nice array of snacks / food throughout the event as well. We had such an impressive presence with our armor / costumes that the coordinators have told us that they want to see us back again next year.

Troopers in attendance were:

Jason Boyd (TD-5945)

Gene Peacock (DZ-10073)

Brad Lee (TI-8568)

Natasha Cox (guest // local Mandalorian Merc member)

Chris Gould (guest // upcoming CG - 501st member)

Taylor Seay (guest // upcoming CG - 501st member)

Here are a few pictures from yesterday's troop....enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image