TD-11038 Patrol log

rhapsodyred99

My second troop as a TD was to a local area children's hospital. Afterwords we went to a local landmark for a picture for LFL. I went Sans Backpack because the hospital was concerned I would bump into equipment.

He was not too sure about us....I stood there and tried not to look toooooo threatening!

Posted Image

Even the Staff got in on the action:

Posted Image

We had to make sure they had no droids hiding on their system....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A few Local Citizens wanted to get in on the act:

Posted Image

Troops like that are very rewarding. Cons and parades and such are fun, but its nice to see the joy in kids faces that otherwise would be in for yet another day at the hospital focusing on thier hurts not the fun in life.

The best thing about suiting up is the happiness we bring to people wherever we go.

• 3 weeks later...

This past weekend I Represented the MEPD at the ASK fun walk and 5K charity event in Richmond Va. ASK is a childhood cancer center and this is one of the big fundraisers they hold a year. This is my Garrison's 11th year there!

The best moment for me was when a little knee high ASK Kid with Downs Syndrome came up to me and put his hand out. I thought He wanted a High five, but instead he grabbed my hand and held it and stood by my side for a long time. Then he hugged my leg and ran back to his parents. later, the ASK Kids Paraded through the crowds and when he passed us, he saluted!

I was so happy to be able to make this one. This folks, is what it is all about.

Early on I was able to inspect a potential trouble maker, and I had to let him know I would be there if he stepped out of line...

Posted Image

All was well until his buddy showed up and things got a little ugly....If I had only remebered they travel in single file to hide their numbers....

Posted Image

I soon restored order however...

Posted Image

We were poised at the finish line to cheer them on...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Later, local citizens wanted to get a few pics of the Empire's finest:

Posted Image

Posted Image

and this is the victory story of the troop:

from Eric Russel of Pop My Flash Photograpghy:

This is why I go out to troop with the 501st. This little girl pictured here was coming up the sidewalk in her wheelchair with her mom and she started to cry as soon as she saw Darth Vader. She wanted her picture taken with Vader. Her mom wheeled her up, and she said "No.. I am going to stand." She pulled her self up out of her chair, took off her face mask and held her portable kit for this shot. It took all of energy but she wanted this. It's moments like this, to make a child's life better even for a brief moment and have a happy memory that her whole family can all share.

Posted Image

We had a strong turnout:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally, after a hard days work, our friend, TD 11038 heads off to a well deserved rest:

Posted Image

Thanks for looking my Brothers!

:td::thumbsup::salute:

• 2 months later...

My Garrison supported a Make A Wish birthday party for a little boy with kidney cancer this weekend. I suited up as The Boss this time around, but thought I would share the pics anyway.

Here is the video of his reaction...Listen to all the It's Darth Vader! and Awesome!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook...01396916782261" width="720" height="1280" frameborder="0"></iframe>

http://www.flickr.co...006/9291337163/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hharv006/9291316707/

he got over his shyness in a bit.

Posted Image

The little boy and his family. (his sister broke the pinata later and her first act was to get pick up a piece of candy and hand it to me)

Posted Image

The pinata was in the shape of a Vader head, I offered my Lightsaber as the weapon of choice to decimate it (polycarbinate battle blade)

Posted Image

What is it about a tall dark stranger that make women want to pose with babies?

Posted Image

Several padawan's were turned to the Dark Side this day....

Posted Image

Group shot with some of the kids posing in action poses...

Posted Image

Uh oh! we have a runner!

Posted Image

And here we have the Empire's finest (and one lonely jedi) prior to walking to the party.

• 2 months later...

Star Wars reads October 5, 2013:

We had a lot of events in Virginia this year and we were spread thin Troopers from all over the state converged on requested appearance venues, sometimes in twos or threes, but even small troops are rewarding. I played the Big Guy this time around.

I got a bit distracted with a good book:

Posted Image

I soon got my Loyal trooper into the act:

Posted Image

What's that you say? Something on my Shoulder?

Posted Image

AIIIEEEE!

Posted Image

Why does someone ALWAYS have to mention Jar Jar....

Posted Image

I had to show my Young Apprentice how to do a proper force choke:

Posted Image

Three of the Empire's Finest Posted Image

Posted Image

I have not given up on the Sandy, but When I can be Vader...I be Vader :P

• 3 weeks later...

Haunted Science lab, Science Museum of Western Virginia

October 26, 2013

This event marked my 10th troop. It was a childrens science museum Halloween event. About 150 kids and parents showed up and we had alot of fun. Nice costumes on some of those kids!

I played Vader Again.

Early in the night I had to defend myself against 2 attackers... My younger Anakin and and A Luke who somehow had stolen a red saber...

(they have an Omniglobe that can project things like planets etc, and as you can see it has a death star setting!)

1004662_10200684141282831_989009325_n_zp

Here we are with the deathstar more Prominent:

1378856_10151715087637957_1637884476_n_z

The Crew:

501stHauntedLab_zps3a75c6dd.jpg

1379344_10200684142762868_428486802_n_zp

We did not have an official photographer at this event since most of our members were at the National Air and Space Museum's Air N Scare in DC, but got these shots from folks who attended and were nice enough to send them.