Icomm Help Needed

So I had a troop today and seemed to have nothing but issues with me Icomm setup. It seemed to work fine for 10 to 20mins then just went quiet on me and wouldnt pick up my voice.

My setup is the Icomm and speaker strapped to my chest with a wired mic to the lid so nothing fancy really........ All was fully charged and I've used this setup before with no problems?....

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated as I need to be able to move people along!!!

Thanks in advance guys.

Neil, no idea what the issue is, but I am having the same problem. My PTT quit working after one troop. Hooked up the regular mic and it worked for a few minutes, then just stopped. I am writing them, you might do the same. Sorry I don't have better advice, just the same issue.

Yes there is actually a problem with the iccoms. I reported a couple of issues 2 TK products a couple months back. They have been working on correcting the issues and have been sending me prototype iccom's to test out. they are really close to having everything ironed out. If I were you what I would do is contact them so that they are aware you're having issues. Jim is it really fair guy so I am sure he will work out some arrangements to get yours fixed.

Neil, the icomms have a problem with moisture getting into A) the icomm unit and B) the mics. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about this.

I personally went back to using a Rom/fx - I never should have changed.

Wow two Brad's for the price of one..........

Thanks guys, I have emailed Jim to find out what we can do to get over this.

Ive also stuck a WTB thread on the UK forum for an FX but not holding my breath as there pretty

thin on the ground at the moment.

I think I'll just use the Amp and Mic for the moment as being a silent trooper was horrible.

Unless you want to sell yours UK Brad??? :whistling: ok, thought that would be your answer lol.

Just to let you know ive already heard back from Jim (2hours after my email to him) about this and from ordering to delivery and dealing with the issue's he has been nothing but helpfull to me, a top guy!!!

Thanks Marcus, Its going back to the USA for looking at now though, just hope I can get something sorted before LEGOLAND. I'll just be using my mic+Aker amp for the minute along with my terrible American accent. If anyone hears of and RomFX going please give me a shout.........

Neil and Brad, you are right about Jim being a great guy and trying to help. Always working out the kinks. If we were perfect, we would actually get paid to do prop building for LF. Glad he is so responsive. Love his product.

Jim is helping to resolve my issue but this morning I get am email saying the next batch of

RomFX's are almost ready so I have taken the plunge (sorry wallet) and ordered the

Classic version so hopefully I'll get in a few weeks.

From what I understand there's a bit more setting up to do than the simple plug'n'play

Icomm.

If anyones got any tips on using/setting the RomFx Id love to hear them before I get

it.

thanks guys.

Neil

Yeah, the ROM/FX as has a lot of adjustment, but once you've got it how you want it, which is very easy, you shouldn't need to touch it again. I set mine up in 2006 when I got it, not had to change anything since, apart from some tweaks after the first troop. I love it.

i dont own one myself,but ive heard something about putting a certain type in a balloon

to keep the moisture out,just wondered if its them? :thumbsup:

the balloon is for the rom fx sound board buddy

• 2 months later...

I feel bad about resurrecting a somewhat old thread, but I've got some information that might be useful for someone with the same issue as I'm dealing with right now. I'm in the exact same boat. My PTT stops working after 10-15 minutes. It will stop allowing voice, but static bursts still happen.

The quick and on-the-spot fix is to pull the cable out of your amp, the one running to the IComm, and put it right back in. It 'resets' the IComm. It's slightly inconvenient, but works if you are in the middle of trooping. Jim has identified this down to a glitch that only affects a handful of IComm units sold. The long term fix is to contact Jim and send the unit back for the special software glitch fix.

Hope this helps others. If you are having issues, Jim will take care of you :) As far as moisture goes, I've haven't experienced an issue with that so I can't comment on it.