*ACTIVATED* TD-6538 / HAVOC / SWAT OFFICER # 021

Havoc6538

Name: SImon English

Legion ID: 6538

Forum name: Havoc6538

Garrison: UK

Trooper emulated: Docking Bay 94 Sgt. v1

Reference material for this trooper is limited, so I've included a couple of comparison pics at the end. Hopefully I've got all the bases covered, if there are any details you need pics of, let me know.

So...(deep breath)...here goes nothing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - yes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Simon...(English?!?!?...I know Johnny English...are you related to him :lol: )

...ok....to your suit/application...I see that your body armour is an FX armour...right. I remember on your 'Police Officer' application with your TM leg parts.

I mean to know, that for the SWAT application you need the cover strips...and the arm parts of your FX body suit doesn't have this strips....the parts are all overlapped.

It would be nice, if you tell us a bit of your gear/suit.

The backpack needs here and there a little bit more dirt...as example the exhaust..this part is nearly too clean.

What do you think?

Otherwise it looks really good...especially your attention to the details :thumbsup:

Cheers....

Hi Simon,

Great looking armor, the only thing I spotted is that the ear on this troopers right side appears to be all white as per the Cantina Sargent. As I am going to be doing the Cantina Sargent for my application, you may have just found me a full lenght shot off his armour.

Cheers

Andrew.

Some interesting points here. I've already made one change based on a PM I received, the rivet on the cod is now metal again. In the pics above I've painted it white.

With regards to the armour, yes, the legs are TM, the rest is FX, apart from the VT helmet. The overlap of the FX armour parts is something I can do nothing about, short of completely replacing them. If I cut away the overlap section, then I'll also be losing the part underneath that it's glued to (and it's glued too well to prise apart) - I'd be losing too much width for it to still fit me. There is at least one SWAT officer cleared in the last year with the same style of construction on the arm parts, so I'm hoping this won't be a problem.

One question: I know the "Move Along" trooper has a rivet on the rectangle of the ab plate. Is that specific to that particular trooper, or do other sandtroopers have this too? There are no pics of this part of Docking Bay94 Sgt V1's armour, so I'm unsure.

I'm also looking into the right ear possibly being white, and would welcome any info or pointers on this.

Hi, Simon!

First off, your armor looks fantastic! Nice combination of different makes of armor used to produce this rig, my friend!

Kudos to you for attempting a rare TD also! With that said, we will be looking at every possible reference pic available to make sure you achieve the closest look in regards to this particular trooper.

Please be patient as I give your armor / gear a full inspection and review. Some details may definitely be missed and re-checked, but I will try to catch them on every pass given it until you are cleared and ready to join the Special Weapons & Tactics Team, Brother!

Let's begin...

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: APPLICATION REVIEW (PART 1)

Name: Simon English

Legion ID #: TD-6538

Forum Name: Havoc6538

Garrison: UK

** ANH SANDTROOPER SELECTED **: DOCKING BAY 94 SGT. Vers. 1

I.) HELMET:

a.) Green Lenses -- CHECK

b.) Paint Color on Traps / Tears -- CHECK

c.) Number Of Teeth -- CHECK

d.) Mic Tips -- CHECK

e.) Vocoder Color (Black) -- CHECK

f.) Tube Stripes -- CHECK

g.) Rank Bar -- (SEE COMMENTS)

h.) Brow -- CHECK

i.) Side Screws (Ears): CHECK

j.) Weathering: CHECK

** Additional Comments --

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Nice helmet build you have there, Simon! Everything checks out, we'll be checking the weathering references again, but so far, so good.

One thing, please post close up shots of the the right and left side rank bars.

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

a.) Canvas Straps -- CHECK

b.) Neck Seal -- CHECK

c.) Black Undersuit -- CHECK

d.) Shoulder Bells -- CHECK

e.) Biceps -- CHECK

f.) Forearms -- CHECK

g.) Pauldron -- (SEE COMMENTS)

h.) Chest / Back Plate -- CHECK

I.) Kidney / Butt Plate -- CHECK

j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod --CHECK

k.) Thighs -- CHECK

l.) Shins / Calves -- CHECK

m.) Sniper Plate -- CHECK

n.) Boots -- CHECK

o.) Gloves -- CHECK

p.) Hand Plates / Guards -- CHECK

q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edge -- CHECK

r.) Ammo Belt (Right Knee) -- CHECK

s.) Canvas Belt -- CHECK

t.) Pouches -- CHECK

u.) Weathering -- (SEE COMMENTS)

v.) Crotch Snaps -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Your armor build is very nice,! Good job!

As for the details of note...

1.) Film reference pic shows white underneath the Pauldron instead of the basic black. You might need to change / modify that for acceptance.

2.) Your overall weathering looks awesome but we will discuss this.

Please standby for these rulings...

Posted Image

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER:(Comments Pending)

III.) BACKPACK: VERSION # 3

a.) Details -- CHECK

b..) Weathering -- (SEE COMMENTS)

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

1.) The pack could use a little more weathering. It may be the lighting, but please 'beat it up' a bit more.

IV.) WEAPON: E-11

a.) Details -- (SEE COMMENTS)

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Great looking weapon ! There are a few details we want to check out, so standby on this as well...

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

**MORE REVIEWS/COMMENTS COMING (X.O. and C.O.)

Took pics with both in, just in case.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not certain the ears are right. I can't find any reference pics showing them in any detail, although Purplehaze has suggested that at least the right ear should be white.

On this note, I've always had a feeling that the alley check sergeant has the same lid due to the weathering pattern, and checking my reference pics just now , that trooper DOES have both ears white, i.e. no grey rectangle, no rank bars. Never noticed this before. Interesting. I may need a repaint in the morning.

Well, that's great as it gives me more reference pics of the left hand side of the helmet.

Bear with me, I'll get some comparison pics up.

Also confirming the cheek stripes are hand painted the correct Humbrol 14, French Blue. Again, no good quality reference pics of the tube stripes that I know of, but using the black and white production photo (just before they go into the docking bay), I count 12 stripes.

Posted Image

Okay, here is alley check sgt vs docking bay sgt. I'm now convinced it's the same lid, comparing the weathering below the right teardrop and above the right ear. I can now clearly see they both have no paint on the ears at all. In the top right reference pic, I'd always assumed this was a trick of the light, but it's not. Purplehaze is correct. This would also make it the same lid as Roadblock Captain v2, the one with the DLT-19 - also with the white ears.

So a repaint (or removal of paint) is definitely on the cards for tomorrow morning along with weathering the left side of the helmet to match the alley check sgt.

Ok, a few more reference pics for the white ears:

Posted Image

Looking at this now, it's obvious there's no paint on the ears, but like I said, I'd always assumed it was something to do with the lighting.

Posted Image

Again, comparing the sgt's ear here with the other 2 troopers, it confirms no paint.

And again:

Posted Image

Here's the same lid elsewhere:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love this stuff!

Excellent work Simon,

Now all i need is for someone to let me know if the Ally Check & Cantina Sargents are related. if so i will be able to use the full length shots for weathering refrences aswell. one difference I notice is the Cantina Sargent has a cleaner Pauldron, where as the Ally Check seems to have the matching marks to the Dewback Sargent. Does it ever end!!!!!!!!!

Andrew.

Very interesting job here!!!

Maybe these could help you in the searching. I took some snaps on the screen watching the deleted scenes on the bonus disks.

I am aware that the screen noise doesn't help but if you scale'em down you'll be able to get the details.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another pic of the roadblock the one on the far right that you showed yet with the white ear

Posted Image

One question: I know the "Move Along" trooper has a rivet on the rectangle of the ab plate. Is that specific to that particular trooper, or do other sandtroopers have this too?

As you can see even the flat white paudlron on the left has the rivet on the abs plate :)

Posted Image

Right, I've redone the helmet. Turns out enamel paint isn't as hard to remove as I thought. Methylated spirit (aka denatured alcohol) takes it off. Requires a bit of rubbing, but doesn't harm the ABS.

Anyway here it is now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And some comparison pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for posting those pics Ruggero. Yeah, totally reinforces Purplehaze's notion that it's the same lid. There are some quite distinctive marks around the grey areas on the left side of that lid, and it matches the alley check sergeant exactly, and the right side of the alley check helmet matches the docking bay sergeant exactly, plus the fact that they all have the white ears, so I'm quite confident in saying that they all use the same helmet.

As you can see even the flat white paudlron on the left has the rivet on the abs plate

Yeah. Interestingly, that guy has the helmet with the white ears in his hand. I can't see that rivet on my copy of that pic, but I can just about on yours. The desert captain also has this, but I can't see it on some of the others on any of the reference pics I have, but this may just be down to exposure, lighting etc.

Can one of the staff chip in about this? Is the rivet on the ab plate a requirement for this trooper?

but I can't see it on some of the others on any of the reference pics I have..

these pics are on the reference pages on the FISD board

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is a Rotj and the abs should be the same ( I am not sure) the rivet seems popping out from the cover plate

Posted Image