12th Annual Stair Climb for Clean Air - Vancouver, BC -- Full TD climb

jediyves

Posted Image

Mission Report from TD 9815 - Outer Rim Squad, Badlands Garrison

- Operation Storm the Wall -

Objective: To raise money for Lung Health in the Province by climbing 48 floors of stairs; Support everyone at the event, climbers and non climbers.

Mission Report / Montage Video

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMHg3gEl2qE

Climb Results for the Competitive group.

Best time 4:28

( His third year in a role)

Best firefighter time 6:43

( With Oxygen tank and mask on)

Yves' time : 8:49

( in TD armor)

Total Fund raised by the end of the Stairclimb event: $320

Email came in from the event organizer, Kate Jarvis:

Hi Yves,

Thanks again for joining us at Climb the Wall this year! I had a number of participants come up to tell me how much they loved taking pictures and seeing you there – Thank you!!

Honestly, I was extremely impressed at how professional and involved you and your crew were in our event this year. I’m happy that you contacted us and took part in our event and I hope you consider us again next year!

You are more than welcome to use photos from our gallery if they’d like to credit the images, they were taken by Jorge Posada.

Thanks again to you and your crew!

Kate

March 3rd 2013, Sheraton Wall Center Hotel, Downtown Vancouver, BC.

Legion members Aaron, TK 8394, and Yves TD 9815 showed up at 0800 at the registration desk. Some kids in the ballroom noticed us right away that we were from the 501st.

Two recruits came out to be spotters and camera operators, Kurt and Katie. Both very close to applying for their Imperial Officer.

Many climbers were thrilled to see the squad in action. We supported the firefighters, competitive and non competitive climbers by cheering them on and giving them high fives. The firefighters went up the stairs in full gear. Lots of kids showed up. There was even a Dad who had their two year old on his back while the mother would be spotting from the back while they went up the stairs.

The Climb:

My goal was to hit the 48th floor under 10 minutes, however on the day, I aimed for 7 minutes. Three climbers passed me after I started sprinting on the 14th floor.

Personally, I don't think I have ever done anything this tense before with my armor or any costume. It was worth every minute of it on the climb. The volunteers and first aid attendants on the 20th and 34th floor were shocked when they saw me tackling the stairs. I tried my best to smile at them....... 8)

Note: I was unable to use the Go Pro camera on my pauldron because it was sliding backwards as my shoulder moved. Took the camera off right before the climb.

Overall, a delightful and meaningful event. Very good reactions from the climbers and volunteers.

Special thanks to Katie D, who filmed the event and Kurt who took all the photos;

Posted Image

Nick Norris, a friend of mines from the Vancouver Doctor Who group, took the photos as well as dressed up Captain Jack Harkness to sprint up the stairs.

Posted Image

Photos:

Global BC spotted me within seconds

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's no need for this gentlemen, there are other ways to join the Imperial Army....... :M<

Posted Image

Let's go trooper! Bring those knees up!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

According to sources, this man was suppose to climb the stairs in Gangnam Style....

Posted Image

One last stretch

Posted Image

T -minus 3 minutes.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aaron chilling out with eveyrone....

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure that lady in the back was listening to " Call me Maybe"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right after the climb, I did 30 push ups.

Posted Image

So one more time:

Before the climb:

Posted Image

After the climb:

Posted Image

Post Climb Dinner:

A very rustic Sage and Rosemary Roasted Chicken, with Spaghetti Fritters and Asparagus wrapped with bacon.

Posted Image

Great job! You must have a really nice strap system. :thumbsup:

Just curious, how much condensation was in that armor? :teehee:

When I apply for my MEPD officer, I will show you my strap system.

The Forearm and the back plate was a bit clammy, the bucket was well ventalated. It was my baselayer that was soaked. :nuke: