pics of dlt19 greeblies!

hey guys,

im shouting out to anybody that has done the dlt19 greeblies!

ive done different attempts at making them but still waiting to yet be

perfectly happy with my mods! :verymad:

can anyboby send me some real good close ups,not just front views,but the mods from the

sides,top underneath etc

i dont need measurements,im happy with what i have there,

just anything which might tell me how thick all the parts are as that seems to be my main

bug bearers,

thanks in advance brothers!! :thumbsup::td:

I'll take some pics in the morning. I used Ruggero's templates as a guide, but did the right hand side a little differently based on reference photos. Only primed at the moment, but looking better than I expected.

I used ABS leftovers for the thinnest parts and the ammo box, and some pieces of foamy PVC for the piece with that thick T engraved.

the L piece is a bit tricky, with an hot gun you should bend the ABS sheet in this way

Posted Image

on this side before glue the greeblies you should drill a rectangular hole around 82mmX8.5mm, I used a string of ABS to cover all the holes and the mess that I did with the dremel.

The engraving on the charging bar is a bit messy,

Dave did a much nicer one. Ask him if he used something ready for the purpose.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My ammo box is pretty much identical to Ruggero's (thanks for the inspiration and the templates! Top job!) but I made the other side all in one piece, starting off with the template but adapting it as I went from reference pics. Still work in progress at the moment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Should look ok once it's all painted up. I'm going to give the whole blaster a new paint job, as it currently looks too obviously drybrushed.

Rather than trying to bend the plastic, I glued pieces together then sanded the corners over. this avoided warping the plastic I'd already shaped. The only bit I heated and bent is that little plate on the ejector port. Once I've fitted the mod permanently, I'll drill a couple of holes through the plate and glue in a couple of round headed nails to simulate the rivets used to fix it.

Hopefully it'll look a bit like this:

Posted Image

My ammo box is pretty much identical to Ruggero's (thanks for the inspiration and the templates! Top job!) but I made the other side all in one piece, starting off with the template but adapting it as I went from reference pics. Still work in progress at the moment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Should look ok once it's all painted up. I'm going to give the whole blaster a new paint job, as it currently looks too obviously drybrushed.

Rather than trying to bend the plastic, I glued pieces together then sanded the corners over. this avoided warping the plastic I'd already shaped. The only bit I heated and bent is that little plate on the ejector port. Once I've fitted the mod permanently, I'll drill a couple of holes through the plate and glue in a couple of round headed nails to simulate the rivets used to fix it.

Hopefully it'll look a bit like this:

Posted Image

nice greeblie Simon ! :thumbsup:

for my next (and second ) attempt,- as i said to Brad when i did his - ,i will consider routing out the ejector port ,then add the greeblei (made ,and fitted better next time ) to give the depth of the real port on the MG 34........ its all a learning curve for us all here ,to get the look better !....simons port greeblie is awesome ,and all stemmed from Ruggeros templates ! ..... i may even get Brads DLT back to my place and "re-work it " better if he's ok with it ...and, as Simon did....i didnt bend the patrts,just glued all the angles together and then shaped ,on my first attempt ! ....Good Stuff here !

:yes:

Posted Image

Hi Marcus here the template that I did few months ago, it's not 100% accurate but I took all the references around and these greeblies should fit on the DDs

Sweet thanks for the info :thumbsup: