TI 31195 work on TD 2016 UPDATE ^^

virateck

Hi Jeremy and welcome onboard.

I would suggest you to finish the armour before start the weathering job on it.

This could helps the hidden areas to gather the dirty.

Which colour and technique are you using to weathering your armour? Looks like you're spraying it :pinch:

Here on the board there's a bunch of guys ready to help you out :yes:

thank all ;)

I use small pieces of foam with acryl paint ;) you can't see it in the pic but it's as sand on the armor ^^

for some places , it is airbrush :yes:

and I'm impatient , I can't expect the armor finish to weathering it :teehee::sweat:

thank and sorry for my bad english :sweat:

Not bad English my friend! I agree with the rest on the weathering. I would stay away from the airbrush.

Just do a review of everyone on here, and you will see what we mean about the weathering.

Stick with it! You will be there before you know it!

Much better than mine!!! LOL

then it's cool :D:thumbsup:

for the weathering , yo see it much better on this pics of my helmet :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I use airbrush only for blaster "blast" like the left calve ;) all the armor is weathered like this ^^

say me what you think :thumbsup::td:

The fisrt pic, becasue of its unfinished nature and weathering, just screams awesome death trooper to me... It looks better than some of the Death Trooper attempts I have seen..

However as you get it finished I have no doubt it will be a kick *** Sandy!

I mention the Death trooper thing cause I think they are pretty neat looking, and that top pick made me think of a realistic one instead of the excess zombie makeup versions you tend to see.

Great work!

If I was you I would use a different approach for the weathering.

The airbrush if not well handled tends to creates that spotty look on the large areas which IMO I would avoid.

Remember to respect the canon colors for the grey areas.

I used the Humbrol Grey 5 gloss and the Black 21 gloss

Posted Image

For the outlines I painted black most of the parts on the boundaries and with a lot of calm I painted over the grey with two or three layers.

this is this paint that I use for the gray part but the flash change the colors :6:

the airbrush is only for blast like on my avatar pic on the helmet :yes: I didn't use it for the rest of weathering , I make it with my little hands :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

Alright , it's been three years since I came here for the last time ^^ 

It's time to make Sandy again !!!! 

Well last year for TFA , I finished and approved a Kylo ren . For this year with the Rogue One release , my initial plan was to build a Shore trooper ! 

Sadly , I got some problem at the workshop and I couldn't start this project... So I decided to finish my Sandtrooper for good !! :) 

So I built a new helmet (first one wasn't very strong and painting wasn't very good) . This is my new DA helmet on the left with my first old helmet on the right : 

13924810.jpg

The new helmet need a bit more weathring to match the armor :) 

Next I get back my old armor and make a try ! Luckily , nothing broke and she's in very good state ^^ Some minor upgrades and she'll be ready :) 

14713610.jpg

Well , you can see I take a bit of weight in three years , the armor fit me perfectly now ahah ^^

The last things missing for complete my build are the right knee plate (coming from DA in a few days :) ) and the boots I just ordered from Imperial Boots ! 

So next month I'll try the approval to become a real Sandy' ! :D Cheers :) 

PS : By the way , I'm making a pauldronless/backpackless sandtrooper :)