MY FINISHED WEATHERING JOB FOR ELEGANCE ,ON HIS DOOPEY DOOS DLT-19

hi guys ,as you know,i weathered Smally's DLT-19 and E-11 for him a couple of weeks back,but i,just want to share some pics of the weathering job i have just finished today for Neil (Elegance) on his Doopey Doos DLT-19 unlike Smallys blaster i did,,Neil didnt want me to add the reciever greeblies,so ,its just a stock doopeys DLT-19, but ,weathered up ! just needs a coat of clear coat enamel laquer to finish it off now ,before i return it to him ....ENJOY NEIL! :thumbsup:

A BIG THANX AGAIN TO PANDATROOPER.....FOR INSPIRING ME TO USE THIS METHOD A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO NOW.....THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I HAVE DONE BLASTER WEATHERING SINCE ! ....YOU DA MAN TERRY! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

76' ALL THE WAY DUDES ! :salute:

i need to give it a few days for the clear coat to dry/ harden ,then she'll be on her way back to you next week bro! :thumbsup: i really hope you enjoy trooping this blaster ,as much as i enjoyed weathering it up for you dude :yes:

76' ALL THE WAY ! :salute::duim:

What paints do you use for this Dave?

keeping with the 76' spirit,i always use Humbrol paints to weather and wilko's own brand enamel aerosol clear coat to seal it on simon :thumbsup: .....the inspiration for the dry brushing technique ive used for the past 2 and a half years is all thanx to PANDATROOPER from his T-21 TUTORIAL!!!!

Humbrol paint colours i use are....

Metallics-

# 11-silver

#53 - gunmetal

# 56-Aluminium

for the black rub over the metallics-

#85- satin coal black

for the base coat of the stock-

#160-German Camouflage Red/Brown

for the rub over layers on the stock -

#33 - matt black

hope that helps guys ! :thumbsup:

I'm in luck, I've got all of those paints.

Is there a link to the tutorial? I can ony find his T-21 build, which is awesome, but misses his paint technique.

Your blasters always look so good, I have to give this ago with my DLT-19 as I'm in the middle of modding it now.

the clear coat is hardening off nicely now guys,Neil will be getting her back early next week ! :yes: i really enjoy doing this stuff !...... and it is very theraputic too! :duim: ......maybe soon, i will knock up a video tutorial demonstrating the way i do my own style of the "PANDATROOPER INSPIRED" dry brush weathering technique ! :thumbsup: .....TERRY IS A PURE GENIUS !....NUFF SAID ! :td::salute::peace:

i use Wilkos own brand gloss enamel laquer ,though i apply from a distance of about 10 - 12" on the barrel/reciever to get a matt/satin finish ,but apply to the stock at a distance of approx 6" to get more of a "wet coat" shine to it !

its basically trial and error to see what works for you personally buddy :salute::duim:

Should be getting this back tomorrow :peace:

i hope you enjoy trooping this blaster as much as i enjoyed weathering her for you buddy :yes: let me know when she lands safely with you please Neil :thumbsup::td::salute: