Stair Climbing for charity in full TD armor

jediyves

For months, I have been training on my off hours. It's now or never......

Posted Image

Over the past few years, we have had troopers who ran marathons, and walked across mixed terrains (Down under!). Inspired by a Scout Trooper and a Tie Fighter Pilot from Garrison Titan, I have decided to participate in Vancouver's one and only stair climb challenge, to climb the stairs of a 48 storey high building in full Sandtrooper Armor. The purpose of this climb is to bring lung health awareness and raise money for Lung Health care.

This event hits home a bit, because I use to have Asthma when I was a kid. Had to sit out once in a while during PE lessons. I don't know how the Asthma went away, or maybe it never did, but I started running a lot when I was in high school, then trail running, then stair climbing, then rock climbing.......one active thing lead to another.

Firefighters and civilians have been participating in this event for the past 12 years. Fire fighters climb these stairs in full oxygen tanks and masks on; some stair climbers dress up as a their team mascots. Put those two together, I figured I would represent the Charitable Empire.

Where: Sheraton Wall Center Hotel, Vancouver, BC

What: Support the stair climbers who are raising money for the BC Lung association

When: March 3rd 2013

Event video:

So here I am, less than a week away, squeezing as many stair climbing sessions as I can.

If you want to help a fellow TD out, visit the donation page, proceeds goes towards Lung Health via The BC Lung Association.

http://climbthewall2...ogid=6528697626

**New** The facebook event page

http://www.facebook.com/events/600836633267267/#

This is the building I am climbing:

Posted Image

Onward and Upwards!

Thanks people.

The funny thing is, I am a lot more comfortable climbing in armor, because I am focusing on smaller steps and faster pace, unlike when I am not in armor, I tend to leap 3 steps, sprint the first 9 floors and run out of energy too early.

The game right now is to survive the climb and hopefully make it to top 10. The Firefighters probably out run me with their oxygen tank on.

Heads up guys,

After speaking to the organizers, I won't be wearing the Sandtrooper pack during the climb, due to safety reasons. Other climbers might be right next to me.

However I will keep the pack on when I do push ups in the lobby.

Still climbing in armor. The challenge is still there.

Thanks Terry.........yeah, walking back down is going so swwwweeeet my body will love it........ :nuke:

This is what I'm studying on my recovery days. This guy made it up to the 48th floor under 5 minutes.

I know right now I can hit the top of the apartment in 8 minutes, but I am going to push it to 7.

3 more days left.

to be honest i didnt think you would be wearing your pack anyway!

i think you will have enough to contend with,really looking forward to

seeing some pics of you at the top.i bet your lid will be full of sweat lol :yucky:

again good luck,your doing the M.E.P.D. proud whatever time you do it in! :thumbsup::td:

Thanks guys!

Last minute modification:

Added some foam pads on all the edges. No I can really sprint......

Posted Image

12 hours remaining.......had my pasta and spinach, now off to bed.

0800 PST check in, 0915 CLIMB!

See you when I come back!