ive finally completed smally's doopey doos dlt-19 and e-11 weathering

first the pics guys ...... i have just finished modding and weathering smallys new doopeys dlt-19 and his doopey parts and pvc pipe e-11 with Ruggero's awesome greeblies templates to help me build the box and reciever greeblie,and inspiration yet again from pandatrooper for the dry brush tecnique thanx guys ! since 2011,that is the only way i'll weather blasters now ! check out the pics guys,,then ,i'll explain how i did the work.......... hope you like it ,as much as i enjoyed doing these for smally

(picture heavy here guys!) these are all W.I.P pictures too by the way ...the stock looks loads better now .....i expect Smally will post some updated pics up soon :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the e-11 ....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i wanted to achieve the worn,grubby, antique look to both blasters,and get the finish as near to worn metal as i could , i also wanted the lighting to affect the look of the guns (ie; in low light they look almost Black,then,when the light hits them,the Metallics seem to come alive,and both guns appear lighter,and have the metallic sheen to them .... Panda Trooper is a talented guy,to percieve this when he did his T-21 Tutorial,back then ! ....awesome inspiration Terry !) ..... on the stock, i wanted to get the old,grubby bakelite look too i achieved that by using # 160 -German Camouflage Red/Brown ,airbrushed onto the stock,clear coated it,then many layers of #33 - Matt Black, then clear coat to seal....

the metallics i used for both guns are ........... #11 -silver, #53 - gunmetal ,and #56 - aluminium

for the scope lense housing on the E-11 ,i used #171 - Antique Bronze, #56 -Aluminium, and # 11- Silver

(ALL HUMBROL PAINTS HERE apart from the clear coat )

the clear coat is an enamel aerosol laquer ,from my local hardware store

thanx bro .... i have seen some awesome troopers(and not just sandies either!) with awesome costumes and armour weathering at various events in the past ,but unfortunately,with blasters,that just seem lack any realism,or impact ! (flat black,and lifeless) compared to their amazing armour and weathering ! i really hope these pics inspire people to go " the extra mile " with their blasters -to do more than "just the dated flat black,with a few silver chips here and there " look ,that hides all the detailing and sheer beauty of a doopeys DLT !!!!,.... an awesome costume looks even more awesome with an awesome blaster ! :yes: if you have an awesome blaster like a doopeys DLT,,then bring it to life ,and do it justice i say ! :peace: ......... i dont claim personal credit here guys ,i just saw an awesome T-21 2 years ago,and it blew my mind !- the inspiration for my work from that momet is PANDATROOPER ! i have always used his method since ! ....,and ,also, Ruggero, P3LATON3 inspired me with the greeblie template he created .... if these pics help ,and inspire other guys -like Terry ,and Ruggero inspired me ,then ,i am a happy man amigo :yes::td:

As I said on facebook; Ive always worked with real firearms, either in the Army or, like now, in the Police firearms unit, and Dave has certain early captured the genuine look on these blasters.

I won't do a full de-brief here as I plan to make a complete thread showcasing my all new complete Anthony Forrest Replica build. :)

i did this work on the 2 resin Doopey Doos blasters for Smally for no charge/ Personal reward !..... i asked Ruggero if i could use his templates to build the greeblies too ,no profiteering,or stealing here by me guys ! ,just the love of helping others out ! ,to help them achieve the 76' look ,as best as i can get it ! :td:

amazzzing dave,amazzzing dude!! :thumbsup:

one thing can i ask,the add ons on the right hand side of the DLT-19 where the metal bends over!

i ve seen 2 different places where its placed.one being how youve done it and the other where you drill

a hole in the top and place it over the already existing bolt(?) that is casted on the gun,it looks like you

added an extra bolt type piece behind it!

does it matter which way round its done?

does that make any sense???lol

i have asked ruggeros permission to replicate his greeblies,and added them to smallys gun to honour ruggero....i would have hollowed out the chamber,added the inner details,then added the greeblies over the top .....this part of the doopeys has no detail apart from a scored line each side of the drum chambers....ruggero's looked cool,so i was inspired and copied it with his permission ! .......AND,ALL THE METAL IS ACTUALLY PLASTIC BRO ! .......you need to come to my house soon Marcus ! ;0)

i have asked ruggeros permission to replicate his greeblies,and added them to smallys gun to honour ruggero....i would have hollowed out the chamber,added the inner details,then added the greeblies over the top .....this part of the doopeys has no detail apart from a scored line each side of the drum chambers....ruggero's looked cool,so i was inspired and copied it with his permission ! .......AND,ALL THE METAL IS ACTUALLY PLASTIC BRO ! .......you need to come to my house soon Marcus ! ;0)

yeah,id love to get round soon and catch up with you all!

as for the plastic parts,ive done the same but placed a thin piece of metal the same shape over the top

to get the bend as i thought the plastic might crack,obviously not! :thumbsup:

i built 2 T-21'S back in 20011 ,.. The one i built for myself , ( I DELIBERATELY KEPT ALL THE LEWIS DETAILS ON MINE ....TO HONOUR THE SOLDIERS OF WW1 ,who carried this gun across the muddy trenches of northern france ! ) you can see mine in my profile pic ,the other was built for Dave Mars .....i have since gifted my T-21 to my SWAT bro Smally ! ...ihave no weapons now Sid .......... the Lewis is a nice gun,and a great,rewarding project to build ! ....enjoy dude :td: