Trooper Emulated: Captain Docking Bay 94 version

Armor: AP

Weathering technique: Grout and authentic Tunisian sand

SWAT upgrade thread: http://forum.mepd.ne...showtopic=11141

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - yes

Pauldrons must be of the accurate "puffy" variety. Older style/flat and brightly/off color pauldrons are not allowed. Pauldron by ShoulderPauldrons.com

Pouches must be of the correct construction, color, and materials as reference trooper. Pouch by TD-8226

Rubber gloves- Note: "cheese grater" hand plates are allowed if used on the correct pack/pauldron/weapon configuration.

Posted Image

Packs must have the appropriate details for the specific trooper which is being referenced. Pack by Quartermaster

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rivets on the left side of the ab/kidney plates: a total of six rivets with three on the ab and three on the kidney plate, equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.

Posted Image

One snap on the top right hand side oft he ab plate: back of male side of snap should show on outside of ab plate.

Posted Image

Visible fasteners under crotch area. Two (or 3) male snaps in the back and one split rivet or brad in the front. (not required to be functional)

Posted Image

Boots must be screen accurate in color and make; they cannot have a seam on the front.

TK Boots

Posted Image

FXhelmets, MRCE and/or ANHv2 helmets are not allowed.

Posted Image

Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.

Hyperfirm DLT-19

Posted Image

Chest Details:

Posted Image

Arms: Posted Image

Legs:

Posted Image

Helmet Details:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Done.

Green Lenz?...straps for the sholders,,,,,,bee stinger on tbe pack,,,dirtyboy? Chime in,,,,,really great weathering,,,,fullers earth?

Green lens and shoulder straps were satisfied when MEPD application was approved, and remain today. See my thread at http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=9981

Bee stinger is not present on this pack per trooper emulated.

Pete,

Beautiful build brother! Seriously nice. Love that you used that sand you got. I also love the velcro on the top of your boots. Brilliant and unseen touch. I always have issues with my left calf turning. Going to use that idea. Thanks and good luck brother.

Pete,

Just looking at your submission here mate the first thing that springs to my mind from my reference photos is that you need to remove the top cap from your mortar tube. This trooper didn't have it as seen in my photo below.

post-2653-0-71084800-1360006915_thumb.jp

Nick

Pete,

Just looking at your submission here mate the first thing that springs to my mind from my reference photos is that you need to remove the top cap from your mortar tube. This trooper didn't have it as seen in my photo below.

post-2653-0-71084800-1360006915_thumb.jp

Nick

Nick,

Excellent find! I've stared at this trooper every day for the past 6 months and never noticed the cap was missing! Thanks for taking the time to review my submission photos. Updated photo to come.

Pete

Review under way, Pete! Big thanks to Nick for catching the mortar tube detail so that you can take care of it asap. MEPD always looking out for their fellow Brothers and Sisters. Epic. :yes:

Results to come shortly... :td::thumbsup:

I've been through every reference photo I have of this trooper Pete and you have (in my opinion) got this guy spot on. I'm currently working on a Sandtrooper reference website and have been researching all the troopers to get the best possible reference material together, and you have done some great work here. I had a feeling that this trooper was also the "Someone was in the pod" squad leader in the desert, as well as the trooper on the right of shot in the falcon take-off shot, but I am still working on putting together those references.

The only other thing I can pick on from your build, and again from the pack, is that this troopers pack has a really pronounced black surround at the back of the tupperware (radar dish) at the bottom of the mortar tube. I've enhanced this picture so that you can see better.

post-2653-0-07312700-1360015001_thumb.jp

I dont think yours has this. It should be an easy fix. I used a lid from some filler putty and cut the lip of it and then glued it to the back of the tupperware lid for mine.

Nick

Fantastic build Pete. The Tunisian sand was a very nice touch..

Love the velcro on the top of your boots. As was said earlier, I may have to try that trick also to keep my calves from turning.

Great job and awesome attention to detail!

Greetings, Pete!

Thanks so much for your interest and for submitting your application for SWAT OFFICER consideration. This will be an ongoing process, so please be patient as I give your armor and gear a full inspection and review. Some details may definitely be missed and re-checked, but I will try to catch them on every pass I give it until you are cleared, Brother!

With that said, let's begin...

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: APPLICATION REVIEW (PART 1)

Name: Pete Gerard

Legion ID #: TD-9389

Forum Name: BEREN

Garrison: Florida Makaze

** ANH SANDTROOPER SELECTED **: DOCKING BAY 94 CAPTAIN

I.) HELMET:

a.) Green Lenses -- (See Comments)

b.) Paint Color on Traps / Tears -- CHECK

c.) Number Of Teeth -- (4) Correct for Version Selected: CHECK

d.) Mic Tips -- CHECK

e.) Vocoder Color (Black) -- CHECK

f.) Tube Stripes -- CHECK

g.) Rank Bar -- CHECK

h.) Brow -- CHECK

i.) Side Screws (Ears): CHECK

j.) Weathering: CHECK

** Additional Comments --

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Great looking bucket! Everything checks out for the most part. I know that you probably have shown the green lenses (light showing the color) in your Officer Deployment thread. (I'm assuming). But I still have to follow the checklist and request that you show that detail here as well. Thanks, Brother!

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

a.) Canvas Straps -- (See Comments)

b.) Neck Seal -- CHECK

c.) Black Undersuit -- CHECK

d.) Shoulder Bells -- CHECK

e.) Biceps -- CHECK

f.) Forearms -- CHECK

g.) Pauldron -- CHECK

h.) Chest / Back Plate -- CHECK

I.) Kidney / Butt Plate -- CHECK

j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod -- CHECK / *Note - AP (and ATA) Armor does not have the pop rivet detail on the ab, so it's great to see that you've added it. :thumbsup:

k.) Thighs -- (See Comments)

l.) Shins / Calves -- CHECK

m.) Sniper Plate -- CHECK

n.) Boots -- CHECK

o.) Gloves -- CHECK

p.) Hand Plates / Guards -- (See Comments)

q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edge -- CHECK

r.) Ammo Belt (Right Knee) -- CHECK

s.) Canvas Belt -- CHECK

t.) Pouches -- (1) MP-40 Leather Pouch -- CHECK

u.) Weathering -- CHECK / *Tunisian Sand??? Epic! lol (Very nice work though in all honesty) :thumbsup:

v.) Crotch Snaps -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Your armor looks really great, Pete! Here are some modification requests. Please submit pics showing mods when finished. :thumbsup:

1.) Again, I know that you probably have shown the canvas straps in your Officer Deployment thread. But, I still have to follow the checklist and request that you show that detail here as well. I really appreciate your patience and full cooperation during this review. Very commendable!

2.)Left upper thigh armor tip needs to be re-shaped (see pic)

3.) Right handplate needs to have the split / crack (see pic)

*Extra Credit: Would love to see a pic of you with the pauldron brought down in the front a bit and carrying the DLT-19 updside down as well! :yes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER:(Comments Pending)

III.) BACKPACK: VERSION # 5 (Filter Pack)

a.) Details -- (See Comments)

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

1.) The upper cap of mortar tube needs to be removed. (Please submit pic showing the mod)

2.) The radar dish and dish support may need to be modded a bit to reflect the picture. (See proportions) The black support base is visible. A minor fix for sure!

Overall, the pack is an excellent piece. The weathering is balanced and very impressive. Quartermaster packs (and Dirty Boy's) are highly recommended! :td::thumbsup:

Posted Image

IV.) WEAPON: DLT-19

a.) Details -- CHECK

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

VERY nice mods to the BFG. The addition of the wire details around the barrel and the 'hole' drilled out of the end gives the piece an even more authentic look. Great work! :td::yes:

**MORE REVIEWS/COMMENTS COMING (X.O. and C.O.)

Here's my first round of modifications...

Everything checks out for the most part. I know that you probably have shown the green lenses (light showing the color) in your Officer Deployment thread. (I'm assuming). But I still have to follow the checklist and request that you show that detail here as well.

Posted Image

Again, I know that you probably have shown the canvas straps in your Officer Deployment thread. But, I still have to follow the checklist and request that you show that detail here as well.

Posted Image

Left upper thigh armor tip needs to be re-shaped

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right handplate needs to have the split / crack

Posted Image

The upper cap of mortar tube needs to be removed.

The radar dish and dish support may need to be modded a bit to reflect the picture. (See proportions) The black support base is visible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*Extra Credit: Would love to see a pic of you with the pauldron brought down in the front a bit and carrying the DLT-19 updside down as well!

I shall provide you with my "extra credit" photo later once I have a chance to suit up again... hope you can continue my review without it.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Pete

Hi, Pete!

Thanks for completing the requested mods. Very good job on that!

Let's continue...

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: APPLICATION REVIEW (PART 2)

Name: Pete Gerard

Legion ID #: TD-9389

Forum Name: BEREN

Garrison: Florida Makaze

** ANH SANDTROOPER SELECTED **: DOCKING BAY 94 CAPTAIN

I.) HELMET:

a.) Green Lenses -- CHECK

b.) Paint Color on Traps / Tears -- CHECK

c.) Number Of Teeth -- (4) Correct for Version Selected: CHECK

d.) Mic Tips -- CHECK

e.) Vocoder Color (Black) -- CHECK

f.) Tube Stripes -- CHECK

g.) Rank Bar -- CHECK

h.) Brow -- CHECK

i.) Side Screws (Ears): CHECK

j.) Weathering: CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Thanks for submitting the pic showing the green lenses. No more to say here. Great work! :td::thumbsup:

** CHECKED AND CLEARED **

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

a.) Canvas Straps -- CHECK

b.) Neck Seal -- CHECK

c.) Black Undersuit -- CHECK

d.) Shoulder Bells -- CHECK

e.) Biceps -- CHECK

f.) Forearms -- CHECK

g.) Pauldron -- CHECK

h.) Chest / Back Plate -- CHECK

I.) Kidney / Butt Plate -- CHECK

j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod -- CHECK

k.) Thighs -- CHECK

l.) Shins / Calves -- CHECK

m.) Sniper Plate -- CHECK

n.) Boots -- CHECK

o.) Gloves -- CHECK

p.) Hand Plates / Guards -- CHECK

q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edge -- CHECK

r.) Ammo Belt (Right Knee) -- CHECK

s.) Canvas Belt -- CHECK

t.) Pouches -- (1) MP-40 Leather Pouch -- CHECK

u.) Weathering -- CHECK

v.) Crotch Snaps -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Excellent mods, my friend! :thumbsup:

1.) Canvas straps noted and accepted. Thanks for the pic!

2.)Left upper thigh armor tip looks fantastic. Little details make all the difference!

3.) Right handplate crack detail looks awesome!

** Looking forward to seeing your *Extra Credit pic! Thanks for taking the request on! :yes:

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER:(Comments Pending)

III.) BACKPACK: VERSION # 5 (Filter Pack)

a.) Details -- (See Comments)

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

1.) Nice work removing The upper cap of mortar tube.

2.) The radar dish and dish support looks perfect :td::thumbsup:

IV.) WEAPON: DLT-19

a.) Details -- CHECK

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

VERY nice mods to the BFG. The addition of the wire details around the barrel and the 'hole' drilled out of the end gives the piece an even more authentic look. Great work! :td::yes:

GREAT WORK, PETE! **FINAL REVIEWS/COMMENTS ARE NEXT (CO & XO)... :td::thumbsup: