Dewback Prod Build

Woodchuck here. Just my 2cents worth: Wiring should be kept as simple as possible.

You can extend the connections on the LED by using 24 gauge stranded copper wire.

Just be careful and keep the heat away from the LED.

Use one color wire, usually RED for the + side of the LED, and a different color,

usually BLACK, for the (-) side of the LED. Then you can run the wires down the tube

and know which is which when you get to the other end of the tube.

Be sure to use a current limiting resistor is series with the + side of the LED. these

are usually around 100 - 330 ohms, 1/4 watt.

The ON/OFF switch should have terminals that accept solder.

The battery case also should have either wires or terminals that accept

solder. Solder doesn't go bad. It's just rosin, lead and tin.

It is unsafe to use the side of the long tube to conduct current.

If the battery shorts out, it will get very hot, possibly explode.

That solves the different metal soldering issue.

Hope that helps.

Chuck

Chuck thank you sir. That was exactly what my local Radio Shack said. The metal tube was the flashlight housing, not the rod itself (wasn't sure if I confused anyone), so no solder to the rod. The buzzed works like a champ now. I decided to not use a light. I appreciate the details sir.

OK, so we are going to offer these for anyone interested. I am going to move this to the 'For Sale' area. Thanks for the support. Here is the final version. We used truck bed paint to do the rods. It also gives it a matte and sandpaper feel (very textured). We switched to an aluminum tube, which made them much more realistic without the weight issues. It is much more stable. We are going to also offer them in a kit or without the buzzer, to make them more accessible due to cost. There are also so many great builders here,we wanted to make sure they could modify or paint them the way they want too. What do you think?

Posted Image