Dewback Prod Build

Just finished the ends on my build. Added some color buttons to camouflage the PVC. I tried to sand them off (and the tiny letters) once, but they just looked bad when painted. Even used 5 grades of sand paper 100-800. Might try it again with bon-do on my next one. Now to paint the staff and connectors. I split the 8' in half to make travel easier. The connector screws them together easy and makes a nice hand hold. I will try and add a buzzer there with button for a cool effect. Thinking of adding a red glowing led to the end. Any suggestions? Only a AA or AAA battery will fit (maybe). Off to Radio Shack I go...More to come.

Posted Image

Thank you all for the support. Keeps me going.

@ Vince, I believe you are correct sir, and really appreciate the call out. I looked at some screen shots and Rick's SWAT thread. He is the only one I know of who did details on a dewback prod. If I am wrong, please let me know. Looking at all those things I decided to remove the large bottom cap and replace it with a plug in the end. You called it right, IMHO.

@ Rick, do you agree sir? Would love your opinion on the end cap.

So I just started adding a nine light led to the tip, a buzzer to the tip, a push button on the handle and two sets of AAA battery holders into the rod. Wow it takes some doing. I will post pictures of that process I did soon.

Posted Image

Thank you all for the support. Keeps me going.

@ Vince, I believe you are correct sir, and really appreciate the call out. I looked at some screen shots and Rick's SWAT thread. He is the only one I know of who did details on a dewback prod. If I am wrong, please let me know. Looking at all those things I decided to remove the large bottom cap and replace it with a plug in the end. You called it right, IMHO.

@ Rick, do you agree sir? Would love your opinion on the end cap.

So I just started adding a nine light led to the tip, a buzzer to the tip, a push button on the handle and two sets of AAA battery holders into the rod. Wow it takes some doing. I will post pictures of that process I did soon.

Posted Image

anytime my friend I don't know much but I was sure I read that in ricks swat build glad to be of help... For once :) and pity u couldn't use it it was all so cool

So I ran into a snag with the electronics and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas:

There are several parts that need to be soldered together. Some are copper, some are steel, some are aluminum. I can't change those and need them to solder together. When I soldered them, the steel wires all did fine. The steel to aluminum will not stick, just falls off the aluminum. I am not an expert at soldering. Can solder go bad or do I need another type maybe? It has been in my junk drawer for years. Any ideas from some experts would be awesome. Thanks.

So I decided the light is on the back burner for now. I also think it is too much and won't be seen. I will keep working on concepts for it. Have three other ones I am doing, so practice makes perfect. Stripped the top and reprinted a much better silver, looks like real steal now. Finished electronics with buzzer and trigger. Paint thr rod tomorrow, take pics and post, and ready for MAW troop on Las Vegas Blvd. Saturday.

@Vince, yes sir I tried E600. It just wouldn't hold the contact. But thank you for the idea and response.

@Mark, yes WE are sir. I expect to to see you over here daily to mix plaster brother. You can bring the big gun too. Bring the wife by for margaritas. Don't know if we will get more then a baby egg done, but it would be fun.

Awesome glad you found a solution bud can't wait to see ;) maybe you can stick some cattle prod parts in some where too.... You know just in case wen your trooping and those **** Jedi get in the way .... Or jawas... And ewoks :)

serious I can't say d a m n wow lol