OFF DUTY ACTIVITY

SCRIBBLER

Aloha, All!

I've been making some pretty good progress with my next build (Yes, S.W.A.T. status is going to have to wait yet again.)

I'm shooting for late-Summer / early-Fall in terms of completion. I want this to appear as accurate as possible.

Being FIlipino-Hawaiian (Samoan) who likes to surf and play b-ball, I think a muscular build will be no problem. :thumbsup:

Anyway, here are some pics of my attempt at one of our 2 bosses...lol

Scribbler's ANH VADER build so far (with some of my 'scribbles' shown, as well. haha) ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My workspace (Nice to be able to work from home...) :td::yes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Y'all know that I gotta represent the Legion! Right? :td:

@ Daniel - Not sure honestly. I got the helmet from a fellow Garrison member 2 years ago and the armor shown is one of 2 different ones that I have. The other (not shown) is Portumac.

The cape and inner robe will be ready in a couple of weeks. The 'breathing unit' and voice modulator will be the final purchase. I have everything else.

Man...this project is $$$$$.

I think it might be my last, as well. Whew!

Thanks again for the support, Guys!

I will do my best to make the MEPD proud and to show everyone out there that ALL the members in this detachment really pay attention to details. No matter what the build! :td::thumbsup:

Hi bro, your new Vader project looks freaking sweet and accurate.

I have a dream about getting a ANH Vader as well some day, but i also know like you post a accurate Vader project cost mad money :vader1:

Keep up the good work my friend :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

:yes: @ Smally - Those are the Hasbro

Vader is not easy to do. I have just about finished my ROTJ Vader, it has taken some time but worth it.

Good luck with the build Michael, its alot of fun.

Thanks a lot, Scott!

Yes, I totally agree and feel that it will be worth it when it's done! :td::yes:

Gotta love this build, Mike. Any further on it?

Quick question:

What make are those X-wings you've got hanging in your man cave?

I should have the VADER up and about by Summer. $$$$$ (Fingers extremely crossed! lol)

As for the X-Wings, they are 3 different variations of the same 'new' Hasbro design. I just modded the DAGOBAH one to show the markings of BIGGS (and put his figure and droid in it). The one in the middle is the 'Electronic' version (lights and sounds) with the permanent Luke pilot and the other is the WEDGE version.

...and last but not least I usually refer to them as Rebel Trophies! Muahahahaha :woot:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep, Vader's not cheap, but you get such a great reaction when you wear it, then you have to spend your day trying to act like an evil Sith lord but with the biggest smile on your face.

Once my Sandy is finished, I'll be taking my 6 year old Vader costume off-line for a bit for upgrades (armour and helmet mainly).

Your kit looks great so far, really nice helmet and armour. (And loving your man cave too.)