colour of DLT-19 stock!

hey guys,

im after the exact colour of the DLT-19 stock if anybody can help me out.

i know that it was not made of wood but bakelite,but how do you get the bakelite finish effect?

e.g. what shade of brown should it be?.

i do have a small can of uk plasticote nut brown,has anyone used this with good results,

i just thought it was a bit glossy from the test pieces i tried!

cheers in advance guys!! :td: I.T. :td:

Hey dude,

Drop Dave H a pm. He's doing mine at the moment and he's following a guide which was posted up by Pandatrooper a couple of years back.

I'm sure he uses a light brown and then dry brushes it with black.

He'll explain how he does it ;)

Well it will make a difference on what dlt 19 you are doing,,,if its a hiperferm i used an oil based mix of brown and burnt umber or IF you have DOOPYS DLT 19, a fine choise,now you have a different way of doing it altogether, i went with a coco color and sanded,,,,if you do have a doopys,,wow you got one cool blaster....you must be very important,cuz only the best and coolest have them 4 sure!!!

Well it will make a difference on what dlt 19 you are doing,,,if its a hiperferm i used an oil based mix of brown and burnt umber or IF you have DOOPYS DLT 19, a fine choise,now you have a different way of doing it altogether, i went with a coco color and sanded,,,,if you do have a doopys,,wow you got one cool blaster....you must be very important,cuz only the best and coolest have them 4 sure!!!

haha,well said walt,you must be very special to have one as you live in the us,or you must have some good mates! :whistling: lol

hey bud ... i am replicating the look of the bakelite stock ,it'll look about the same as the one on ruggero's pic (above) when ive finished

i noticed your build on FB and just so happens i have a small can of the same nut brown that you used,just wanting to check before

i used it,you didnt find it to glossy? :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...