How long can you troop with your packs

TD2298

Hey guys,

I was wondering how long everyone is able to troop with their packs. I have made a couple different harnesses that I wear underneath my armor but they always seem to start digging into my shoulders at about the 3 hour mark. It is around this time that I have to suit down due to discomfort. I haven't had success using just the main backpack straps as the pack usually wants to start drooping down my back. Has anyone found a good way to mount their pack for maximum comfort? Thanks in advance for any information :)

Being in the Army I find it really easy. Longest troop I had was 10 hours with pack and standing up all day. What makes it easy for me is because it weighs nothing compared to a fully loaded pack.

I set it up the same as my army pack.

Like scotty I too am in the service. It becomes muscle memory after a while and then its not as noticable. The trooper packs are a lot lighter though so it will just take time, that and you dont troop as much so its harder to get comfortable with it without bulky straps . As far as the strapping goes I usually put it on over the armor so the armor takes all the main stress from the thinner straps and the pack is almost unnoticable until I turn too sharp or back into a wall. :sweat:

You could look at wearing some kind of rugby/football under shoulder padding under your armour maybe, or use something like a seatbelt pad. I used a padded backpack strap when I did my pack and the only problem I have is the strap weight pushes down on the snaps that hold my shoulder bells up to my shoulders. A bit of padding on the inside soon cured that though.

Nick

I normally troop about 4-5 hours in full armor and pack with not much trouble. My pack is held with an old school backpack straps... they are padded and wide so it helps a lot. I also use a chest strap and that helps A LOT!

I have sometimes been up to 8 or 10 hours in full armor and not many big problems...

My pack is as heavy as anyone, but the straps help a lot.

:)

Saludos

2 hours for me. After that my right neck/shoulder go numb. But what I did was take a piece of cardboard and wrap it in that small bubble wrap and taped it up. Then I put a little piece of thin foam around and it slid that under my under armor. So it's hidden by the cauldron but the 2" straps sit on that. Seems to have helped on my last troop (When I tried it out) and we'll see how ti goes this year.

I'm currently trying to perfect the harness that I currently have so I can also use it for my Boba Fett that I'm trying to finish. More padding will definitely help I guess. The weight of the pack is fine, it's the digging into the shoulders that gets to me as well.