Too Much? Not Enough? WTH have you done? Opinions requested

rhapsodyred99

Hello all I have decided to make the "move along" trooper for my TK to TD conversion and my first attempt at weathering was on the helmet.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So what is are the thoughts of the experienced folks? I think I may have gone a little overboard and that the weathering may be 'too Messy' if that makes sense.

When I applied the wash base coat It ran and pooled and then dried faster than I had realized it would, which led to some pretty dark areas. I actually like the lid, but think it may be too much.

I plan on moving on to other armor parts and want to know if I need to use a lighter touch, or add even more.

Thanks!

Looks good. It's not overboard, but remember, the camera filters used in the movie had filtered out a lot of the dirt - that plus the added sun light. These helmets and armour would have been a lot dirtier than what we actually saw on the screen.

But back to your lid, I love it!

Although weathering for Police Officer status is a personal taste and signature you've done it nicely!

In my case I stressed my bucket from the sides with dirt wanting to simulate when one puts or takes

the bucket off, how the dirt accumulates.

As Brad mentions add sunlight to the equation and it looks subtle. I think you've done a great job Frank! ;)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...