"SPARK OF LOVE" TOY DRIVE: ANAHEIM, CA -- 12/21/12

SCRIBBLER

Aloha, Brothers & Sisters!

Members from The 501st Legion (Southern California Garrison) and The Rebel Legion were asked to appear and bring a bit of STAR WARS love to the Los Angeles Fire Department's "Spark Of Love" Holiday Toy Drives hosted by local TV Station KABC-TV (ABC 7).

For 20 years, KABC-TV (ABC 7) and firefighters from Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties, along with the Los Angeles City Fire Department, have joined forces to run the Spark of Love Toy Drive. This campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for the under served children in our communities.

Toys collected in the respective counties are distributed locally. Last year alone, "Spark of Love" collected over 500,000 toys within all five counties and the hosts want to top that total this year, all to help ignite a 'spark of love' in a child's heart.

Toys donated and are 'stuffed' into a full sized bus and become 'Transports'. The buses will then bring these toys to the children and their families.

9 buses were filled last year, and according to recon from 66er: SNOWMAN, they were up to 7 when he checked in at 1:00pm. VERY nice!

:td::thumbsup:

Mission Report Submitted by: SCRIBBLER / TD-6985 / Route 66 Patrol XO

Event Title: "SPARK OF LOVE" TOY DRIVE / Hosted by KABC-TV

Date: SATURDAY DECEMBER 21, 2012

Call time: 4:00am

Duration of event: 4:30am - 4:00pm (Assigned Shifts indicated)*

MEPD Representatives: ROUTE 66 PATROL (The 66ers)

TD-5823 / TAT2INE (4:30am-7:00am Shift)

TD-3425 / SNOWMAN (11:00am-12:00pm Shift) (Retired Member)

TD-13113 / JAVEL1N (11:00am-12:00pm Shift)

These 3 Officers definitely helped put a smile on the faces of those special children in need this Holiday Season! :yes:

Always an honor to represent the MEPD! :td: :salute:

Here are a few pics from the first event from this special day...

Posted Image

TAT2INE / TD-5823 w /T-21

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

JAVEL1N / TD-13113 (L) and SNOWMAN / TD-3425 w/ T-21 ®

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for the continued support, Smally!

All the credit goes to the three 66ers that made it to this event on behalf of the rest of Route 66 Patrol (including myself) that, unfortunately could not make it.

I just wrote up the mission report! :thumbsup:

2013 will see more missions. Promise! :td::yes:

This was an awsome troop. Our contact at the troop from KABC Channel 7 sent our CO the following thank you letter. I have to say, it was a great honor to be a part of this massive undertaking. The grand total was, 37 buses PACKED with toys! (And some of those were extended buses!

"There is no better hive of scum and villainy than the men and women of the 501st! (just making sure you know that's a compliment)

I can't thank you enough for everything you did to help bring together a great group of people to help make our Spark of Love Toy Drive even more memorable.

We had a record breaking season! After 4 weeks, 4 cities and 3 counties we brought together a staggering amount of toys for children in need. We filled 37 buses! Collected approximately 400 bicycles and over 150K toys!!

It's a remarkable achievement and I'm excited to be able to share it with the SoCal Garrison of the 501st Legion.

Because of the efforts made by your troops over the last several weeks, literally thousands of children will have woken up this morning believing that there really is a little more magic on Christmas Day.

Each week I was impressed with all the members that volunteered. Every one of them professionals and courageous for withstanding cold and wet weather. Displaying kindness and patience toward the fans and donors and being completely understanding of how fluid our news coverage is. I'm proud to now be able to call several of the troops my friends.

I truly appreciate your willingness to support ABC7 and The Spark of Love. I'm looking forward to working with your team again next year.

Have a Merry Christmas! And may the Force be with you all.

Edgar Alcala

Photographer, KABC-TV"