Dazauto's Pack WIP

Dazauto

Hi guys not put an update up for a little while as ive been busy with some of my other TD parts but ive managed to weather up my pack a little bit, ive still got a bit more to do and something a bit special to go on as well my good friend Terry Cooper (one of the guys who rebuilt the Lars Homestead) brought me back a bag of this to go on my pack and armour:

Posted Image

Here are some pack pics with the weathering ive done all comments and advice welcome :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now to get my armour and soft parts finished :thumbsup:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great comments guys, just finished dying my boots and doing the mods on my lid for a TD.

A bit more work on the armour and soft parts then I can get it all on and post up some pics for you to take a look :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jay, thank you for your comment bro.

I got the audio clip from the 501st site, it should also be here on the MEPD but it may only be available to cleared troopers.

Thanks for the info, Darren. I'm planning on building packs of my own soon for both a Sandy and Nova Elite (I stand 6' 3" and 210 lbs so I'm thinking I'll have little trouble pulling them off). I'm wondering if you would give me the frame dimensions. This would be a HUGE help to let me start basic assembly.

Also, what brand of flat black paint are you using? It looks really good.

Hi Jay, I really enjoyed making this pack back in 2012 and it still serves me well to this day :thumbsup: I used this thread for the frame measurements :

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=5225

As well as many others build threads and lots of research loads of great advice on the boards here.

The brand of paint I used was Hycote and its an acrylic spray paint sold here in the UK.

Hope that helps and good luck with your build.

• 4 months later...

Sweet looking pack! Good job all solid looking.

One question I am also finishing my pack and was wondering what did you use to stuff your shells with? And did you measure how heavy hole pack is?

I also use some army leather straps for equipment and will you attache your pouch to the left strap later or have it permanently part of the left shoulder strap

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Igor, sorry I haven't replied sooner not been around much due to real life (always gets in the way ;) )

Ive never weighed my pack but its not to heavy and pretty comfortable to wear.

As for the stuff I used for the ends of the shells im not sure what it is to be honest just something I found at work and thought it would work well.

My shoulder pouch is fixed by velcro to the left strap so can be adjusted/removed.

Sorry not to be much help on your questions.

Keep an eye on this thread though as my pack will be getting updated with new parts to make it more accurate after xmas with a Karrimor frame,seed trays and canteen.