50 gallon stanley boxes

inglorious trooper

hey troops,

i spoke a couple of weeks ago somewhere of maybe buying a stanley box as a crimbo

prezzie for myself lol!

well i took the plunge and spent £100 of my hard earned cash for a bloody plastic box! :woot:

the obvious main things were how strong it was,if i could fit in all my armour and wether i could fit my

whole torso in as one as i have it strapped original style. :yes:

anyway i received it the other day and gotta say its spot on,everything goes in it.

my full set of armour,pouches,pauldron,boots and even my helmet in its bag which i wasnt expecting!

it also comes with a small tray in the top which is perfect for keeping any small essentials for troop repairs

and anything else up to about a foot long,it also has strong hinges with a good lock system and keys

(always helps).

soooo there you have it guys an gals,my opinion on the expensive but very handy 50 gallon box!

p.s. before anyone asks i dont work for stanley :no:

hope this is of help for anyone thinking of investing in one!

I.T. :thumbsup:

cool mike,cant wait to cover mine in stickers and get deployed so i can splash my TD number on the front!!! :thumbsup:

You and me both, Brother! :td::thumbsup:

Happy Crimble to you and yours! Have a GREAT New Year, Troop! Looking forward to your application!

I am set after as many deployments I have under my belt to Korea and Iraq the Army has given me a total of 12 of them boxes so once i retire and empty out the TA 50 and turn it back to the Army i will have 12 boxes to fill with various armor but wow that box link from amazon is way to expensive I seen these same boxes for sale at Lowes and Home Depot for about 45 to 50 dollars 94 is just insane for those boxes

• 2 weeks later...

I lined my stanley with 1" foam all around when I first had the TK. I thought about removing it for the TD but then realized while I wasn't worried about scratching the armor per say, there would be a chance that paint (weathering) could get worn off so I left it in. And, because of the foam on the sides, it creates 4 nice "pockets" that I can store stuff in due to the way the stanley is made. :)

Thats a great find pashnak,a really good find for the price!

Ive had a quick check mn measurements and thought id let you know you wont be able to fit a complete torso in but wouldnt be surprised if you wouldnt fit a full set of armour in separately,again spot on find!!

Thats a great find pashnak,a really good find for the price!
Ive had a quick check mn measurements and thought id let you know you wont be able to fit a complete torso in but wouldnt be surprised if you wouldnt fit a full set of armour in separately,again spot on find!!

back to the expensive one for me then :(