tkboots - new vs old model

Tk boots says that

"Our newly designed boot features a taller upper and a more slightly rounded toe. The elastic height is perfect, not too high, not too low."

http://www.tkboots.com/TK%20Boot%20Images.htm

has anyone compared an older model of the tkboots with the newer? (I have one of the early ones)

Anyone have an old tkboots and a newwer one they can photograph side by side?

Ive owned both the old pair and now have the newer style. My honest review is.. There's nothing noticeably different when wearing them, mate. They're still good, I just wouldn't bin an older pair for the sake of buying the new style ;)

i think both styles look great!

the problem for me with TK boots is shipping as i live in the uk.

so i picked up a black pair of chelsea boots for £20 and spent £5 on white shoe dye,

they turned out spot on!

if anyone wants details on these,just send me a pm! :thumbsup:

oh yeah mike, that came out wrong!

they do but if i remember correctly the shipping was about 3/4 the price of the boots! :pinch:

Yeah that's right Marcus. I had to pay almost as much as the boots to get them here. Crazy really :(

:blink: the shipping cost to UK is higher than to germany?!?!...just I see it on their homepage.

To the UK---> $52

...and germany---> $47 ...and how funny, to japan---> $51

Curious :huh:

To the topic...I like the older version. I don't like the new one, especially the front ot the boots, it's too angular.

To the topic...I like the older version. I don't like the new one, especially the front ot the boots, it's too angular.

is there a side by side picture of a new versus old?

I sent email to tkboots. they dont have any comparison pics

The older TK boots-version--->left, the new TK boots-version--->right

how much taller is the new version?

i think that the new version is what is on the website - certainly the sole pattern is different that my 3 year old tkboots

I got my TKBoots Jan 9th 2012, and at that time they were the "new" version, new meaning they have a higher ankle so that they don't slip out from under your shins.

Not sure if there is yet another "new" version or not.. but I love mine.

... new meaning they have a higher ankle so that they don't slip out from under your shins...

The same says my buddy from the pic (the right trooper) and he is also satisfied. But I'm satisfied with my older version....it's just only a taste.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got a pair of TK Boots in the mail yesterday. A couple of weeks ago they still had a few pairs after existing orders were filled. Mine were shipped on 3/22. I know they had some 9's and 10's left, but don't know of other sizes. Just send an inquiry.