Forming a UKG Patrol? Ideas and thoughts?

nick.black

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, I like all the designs for the shirt you have done so far and am swayed more to the khaki colour, great work mate.

Nick = Britannia Patrol

Inglorious = Britannia Patrol

Smally = Britannia Patrol

Dirty Trooper = Britannia Patrol

Joe Versku = Britannia Patrol

Dazauto = Britannia Patrol

Nick,

I generally like the design, however there are 2 things that I think could be considered.

The first would be how about an orange white and black union jack pauldron (covers captain, seargent and private colouring), not my favourite idea but one that is worthy of discussion.

Second is to do with composition, I will post a picture shortly, but a generall rule for people in photos is for them to look into the frame rather than out, otherwise people wondar what they are looking at. I would suggest moving the trooper to the left and rotating him anticlockwise so he is looking across the frame rather than down. I would then move the suns to the front of the trooper too.

I will do a rough mockup to show what I mean. Again this is for discussion only and is my opinion, so take it or leave it.

and I'm up for a UK Squad.

post-5000-0-77996300-1356899953_thumb.jp

Glenn,

alright mate nice of you to drop by and joing this discussion. Looking forward to trooping Sandy with you soon mate.

Love your ideas mate thanks for casting another eye on this. Always good to have other points of view.

I'll get right on it.

Nick

OK Glenn, inspired by your observations here is an updated logo.

post-2653-0-23830700-1356902760_thumb.jp

And I've put it onto the tshirt design moving it onto left breast with possibly TD number embroidered, and shown what it would look like with additional MEPD and SWAT patches sewn onto arms.

post-2653-0-69160200-1356902857_thumb.jp

So let me know what you guys think.

I think the consensus is for "Britannia Patrol" though.

Nick

Brilliant. Great ideas Glenn !

Definitely prefer having the "eye-space" for the head with its new positioning.

I'm loving the orange,black,white pauldron design whichever configuration you guys have come up with :-)

As for the Tee, I prefer a sandier colour personally but it's all looking awesome.

Top banana fellas !

Nick, I like all the designs for the shirt you have done so far and am swayed more to the khaki colour, great work mate.

Nick = Britannia Patrol

Inglorious = Britannia Patrol

Smally = Britannia Patrol

Dirty Trooper = Britannia Patrol

Joe Versku = Britannia Patrol

Dazauto = Britannia Patrol

Elegance = Britannia Patrol

Hope you don't mind a complete newb joining in with the discussion but I just wanted to say the new UK Garrison logo looks superb. I'm hoping one day when I complete my TD costume I'll be able to wear one with pride within a UK patrol.

Over the years I've helped design logo's for various groups I've been involved with and I've always been passionate about flying the Union Flag and incorporating it within the logo design.

Personally I'd stick with the correct red, white and blue colours for the Pauldron, it just looks so right. I think any other colour schemes might make it confusing for outsiders looking in and will always need explaining.

Vince.

steve weller - Pashnak (no TD number yet)

Steve,

Awesome that you want to get in on this. Unfortunately it will only be open to cleared troopers but you'll be free to join as soon as you're cleared mate and would be welcome with open arms.

Nick

Steve,

Awesome that you want to get in on this. Unfortunately it will only be open to cleared troopers but you'll be free to join as soon as you're cleared mate and would be welcome with open arms.

Nick

:6: Better get me skates on and get finished. One last little bit to do...

I'm happy either way with the color of the pauldron flag, but there's been numerous versions of the union jack in the last few years with different colours. and since the union jack is so unique it doesn't need explaining. I think incorporating the seargant, captain and private colours keeps all troopers happy, without anyone saying 'but sandtroopers never worn red or blue pauldrons'.

Glenn Coulthard - "Ardkorian" TD8640

Nick Black - "Neptune" TD5884

Neil Hodge - "Elegance" TD10990

Yusof Abdul-Rahman - "Joe Versku" TD5726

I'm pretty keen to see the Union Flag colours customised to the Sandy ranks. More than happy to explain to folks what the colours mean if anything to spread the knowledge/legend about TDs ;-)