Forming a UKG Patrol? Ideas and thoughts?

nick.black

OK all UKG Sandtroopers!

About time we stepped up and got ourselves a group that we can be proud of. We have stood out as a shining beacon of what is good about Sandtroopers for long enough and finally there are enough of us to get a proper group together and gain some identity.

So let's have a discussion here, including those who would want to join the patrol and ideas for names and badges.

I reckon we can get our very own Martin (RebelScum) to make some patches. And we could maybe even look at T-shirts or something.

Here's some of my initial designs I came up with based on the name JUBILEE PATROL

post-2653-0-29468400-1355774871_thumb.jp

post-2653-0-69433600-1355774889_thumb.jp

Nick

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Union Jack pauldrons would be epic, Nick!! :yes:

The only thing to take note of is that I think we cannot include "MEPD" anywhere in the patrol logos per Gordon (GORDONATOR) Please double check with him.

Good luck with the formation of the 'Super Patrol' and we are all looking forward to seeing you guys when all is said and done.

You definitely have the support of us 'yanks' over here! :td::thumbsup:

well that didnt take long nick,

for me i love the name and love the designs(i think its the second one for me,but i like them both)

im sure there will be plenty more ideas for names etc.,but i think JUBILEE will take some beating,very patriotic!!

really looking forward to seeing something happening here,and you know where i am if i can help,but i can see this maybe

being yours and brads baby!!

GOOD LUCK BRO!! :thumbsup:

Ooh hard one ! Love them both and may be veering toward the first one. The second one has a captain pauldron so would that be the only version or you gonna incorporate the sergeants and corporals ?

Well if we go for that one then I can certainly design the logo for each pauldron colour and ask Martin if he can do separate versions.

Nick

Hey troops,

I love the pauldron with the union flag deign as well as the first logo. I think we should stay with that as I doubt it could be beaten!

A couple of ideas for names:

Britannia patrol (Britannia rules the dunes lol)

Winston patrol (named after Churchill or visa versa)

Lion heart patrol

Just a few to play about with ;)

Hi guys,

I realise im not cleared yet but thought id add my 2pence worth if thats ok.

I love the pauldron, really really good.

As for names Jubilee Patrol is also great, a couple of others I came up with are -

Noble Patrol (noble English gentlemen we all are)

or

Valiant Patrol

Okay guys lets get his thing instated before MEM 2013!

Stick your name down here if you're interested in becoming a member of the UK patrol (we can still throw in ideas for the name).

Ill start off the list here with those that I KNOW will be up for it, just copy and paste while adding your name:

Nick.Black

Sir Dave

Dave Mars

Joe Versku

Pashnak

Inglorious trooper

Elegance

Smally

Awesome, in the famous words of a character from another Sci-Fi franchise ...... "LET'S ROCK!!!"

Here is another logo that I have been playing with, maybe it can be incorporated into a shield or square patch idea or something. Drawn from scratch in Photoshop.

post-2653-0-63830500-1355951585_thumb.jp

Nick

I think both designs are great and after looking at them both several times I think number one is my favorite with the union jack pauldron as it really stands out.

Im up for becoming a member once my TD is finished and hopefully cleared ( this will be a good motivator for me to get it done).

A great idea well done Nick for starting this up.

Nick.Black

Sir Dave

Dave Mars

Joe Versku

Pashnak

Inglorious trooper

Elegance

Smally

Dazauto

OK I can see the concensus is towards my first design.

So I've tweaked it a little bit. Let me know what you think of the colours as I was playing with all sorts of different colours and had a hard decision but I thought yellow stood out the most. I can make it sand or something else though.

post-2653-0-14641500-1355953298_thumb.jp

Nick

Here again I actually reduced the size of the pauldron as I thought it was looking rather large due to perspective from actual base photograph.

post-2653-0-99525800-1355953613_thumb.jp

Nick

Looking good Nick and it would make a great patch.

Another word to add to the list could be Bulldog (Bulldog Patrol) ?