Preventing and Cleaning Mold

I basically live in a rainforest at 3100ft elevation. Cold, damp, and wet. More like Seattle weather than what most would consider tropical.

My spanish pouches are getting moldy sitting out on a shelf in the open.

Does anyone have a good way to clean and prevent mold from coming back on these leathert bad boys?

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

Eric,

No worries, Brudda!

Keep your pouches in a small bin/ box and throw a couple of these little bags in there. Works like a charm, believe it or not.

I keep them in my TD Boots and a few of them packed away inside my Troop Tote/Bin when my gear is sitting idle.

This stuff definitely keeps your gear moisture / mold free!

You're an IT Guy, right? I bet you have a bunch of 'em in your electronics boxes. :td::thumbsup:

Posted Image

Eric,

No worries, Brudda!

Keep your pouches in a small bin/ box and throw a couple of these little bags in there. Works like a charm, believe it or not.

I keep them in my TD Boots and a few of them packed away inside my Troop Tote/Bin when my gear is sitting idle.

This stuff definitely keeps your gear moisture / mold free!

You're an IT Guy, right? I bet you have a bunch of 'em in your electronics boxes. :td::thumbsup:

Posted Image

Mucho Mahalos. Actually I'm a marine robotics guy and I have 5 tons of desiccant at work. I can prevent moisture at 3000 meters under the ocean but didn't think to apply any of that knowledge at home. The plumber's pipes are always leaky?

Now to google a good way to clean the mold....

-Eric

Theres mold spray you can get. My wife and I and our contractors had to use it when we first got our house. The downstairs bathroom had a leak in the shower stall and when we ripped it out the walls were moldy. We ripped out all the wood and drywall that was moldy and sprayed any other surfaces with this stuff (forgot the name but try home depot) and wiped everything down and dried it out before re building the bathroom.

Make sure to get the mold off before it stains.