CONGRATULATIONS Mike "Scribbler" Ramirez Deployment Officer

DirtyBoy

Ok troops, so here is the moment you have all been waiting for. After countless hours of consideration we have decided to promote Mike "Scribbler" Ramirez to Deployment Officer. This was a tough decision since there were such a great collection of troopers applying for the job. In the end Mike was the most qualified to help carry out the vision we have for the MEPD. So join me in wishing Mike a HUGE Congratulations!!

****on a side note, there will be a panel of SWAT evaluation experts that will be assembled over the next week or so. Plus, we will also be instituting an armorer program that will work closely with the 2 programs.

Thank you so much, Guys!

Ever since I ventured into these forums a few years ago as a newbie TK, I was hooked. I think I only trooped once as a 'Clean' before I jumped headfirst into the Sandpit!

During that time, I dedicated myself to studying everything there was to know about the "Dirty Stormtrooper with a a backpack and a BFG" haha.

I'll admit that when I first joined the Legion, I wanted to get deployed in as many detachments as possible.

The thing is that once I started the weathering, that was it! TD is the only designation I wanted! (maybe ANH Vader later, but we'll see)

So, you see...I'm a Sandy through and through and until I eventually retire from the 501st. All my focus and concentration will be with our beloved Outer Rim soldier who still seeks droids and terrorizes moisture farmers.

This is a great honor and I promise to carry on the tradition and uphold the integrity of our MEPD Brothers and Sisters. I've seen so much improvement with our community that the bar was raised pretty much right under our noses! :thumbsup:

The bottom line here is that as a new recruit, if you meet the requirements and your pictures show your dedication and attention to detail, I can guarantee you that we will do everything we can to make sure you are ushered into the precinct as smoothly as possible.

I will also uphold Juan's template plus add new requirements since new details are being discovered. Veteran officers who have been deployed with the previous requirements will be grandfathered in and will keep their status. But, it would be great if everyone upgraded their gear (Officer standard, anyway)

Note: The upcoming SWAT Approval Panel will be a whole different beast. NEW and IMPROVED. Be prepared... :yes:

I am currently on a Nyquil and chicken soup binge so I will add more here as soon as I get better (and thinking even more clearly! lol).

Ah, the flu...gotta love it. (Does wonders for the abs if you are trying to lose weight, by the way. But, I digress...)

I just wanted to say thanks again to Rick, Juan and my fellow Command Staffers for showing me support, guidance and confidence as I take on this new position and its responsibilities.

2013 is going to be a big year and the MEPD will once again be there at the top as one of the Legion's finest detachments.

Great armor and work, everyone. You guys/gals should all be proud. :yes:

Sandtroopers raise your BFGs to the sky and rest assured that you're all in good hands here!

Take care all and Happy Holidays! See you all soon!

:td::salute::thumbsup::yes:

Still a bit overwhelmed here... (maybe it's the medication? j/k) :turned:

Seriously, what makes this detachment so strong and respected is the dedication and commitment from everyone in our 'Precinct'. This really is a close community with no room for an 'elitist' mentality. The fact that everyone here helps each other out definitely reaffirms us as a cohesive unit! I look forward to seeing more new TDs walk through our halls in the coming new year! Let's keep it tight and show the Legion even more in 2013! :td::thumbsup:

The 'Outer Rim' Territory isn't as lonely when we have so many of us Sandys watching each other's back, no? :td::salute:

Thanks again, Everyone!