DVH E-11 blaster kit project

good news! The one mold i was iffy about worked out like a charm. I wanted the grip to "slide" onto this kit the same way it does on the real gun. That meant i had to make a mold with the outside and inside cast. I knew how to do this only by seeing videos, but every application is different and alot of factors are involved. So i calculated to best i could on how to do this and it worked out perfect! It did however take alot of mold rubber, but thats ok, as this piece doesnt need to be modded and remolded. A detachment mate of mine, Tony, that some of you may know from the FISD as "Geaux Saints", is also contributing by getting me more supplies in exchange for a kit as John is doing here. I cant thank John, and Tony enough. This keeps this project moving forward. I think its safe to say that by sometime in January i will be offering kits.

So here is the result of the grip molding...

The black one is the original

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am VERY happy with the results.

Aside from it just looking more realistic having the grip separate, it also allows you to add real bolts if desired to the areas where the real bolts were with little to no modification.

Its details like this that i hope will set this kit a step above the rest.

Ok one more batch of rubber is on the way, (thanks Quartermaster!) ...and i think that will be it!

So i started a thread to gauge interest which will turn into the purchase run. If your interested in a kit, please post there! I am posting it on the FISD as well, so slots may fill quick! Only doing 12 to start!

Check it out here:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=11180#entry137959

• 2 months later...

Looking forward to offering this kit here in Europe! I'll be setting up my run thread right next to yours for delivery to people within Europe. I will handle all of the importing and shipping problems that plague getting things from the USA to Europe and then offer them over here!