DVH E-11 blaster kit project

Been posting this progress over on the FISD, but figured id cross post it here as well since some Sandy's use E-11s too!

So i decided to get a cut up sterling Machine gun and take casts off the parts to offer E-11 blaster kits to build onto a PVC pipe, similar to DoopyDoo's kits, but better, and made here in the USA to save american troopers on shipping. :) (doopyDoos is UK based).

Features i intend to have are more detailed parts, like separate detail pieces on the Mag housing, an accurate inner bolt/cocking handle/ inner barrel, more accurate front nozzle, a seperate grip so you can actually use a real grip if you desire, and i will cast all parts in black onyx resin, so no more scratches that show up in white! I will also offer kits in both ANH and ESB stunt/promo/snowtrrooper versions and also make the Sandtrooper stunt version with the seam along the back and no trigger etc.

So....

Sterling parts:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Basically i need to take molds off of all the necessary parts, cast them, and mod anything that fits on the barrel/PVC pipe to fit it correctly and then make new molds of those parts. Its a apin in the butt, but it will be worth it, as i plan to make this kit much better than the doopyDoos kit. I will offer a few ranges of kits as well to hopefully fit anyones budget.

I will also offer ANH and ESB stunt/promo versions. Im going to work with Evilboy to include his scoperails/henglster brackets as well.

Here are some of the first castings. A couple of them miscast, but you get the idea. I left all the corrosion and natural weathering from the originals so you can see that in some of the castings. They also have dirt on them from the original parts. With time that will fade, plus i will be casting the kits in black onyx resin so it will be less noticeable due to that as well.

Posted Image

First is the Mag housing. I cast all the detail pieces separate for a more realistic look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the clip, it miscast a bit and will be shortened a bit more, but you get the idea

Posted Image

Here is the rear site and bayonet lug:

Posted Image

here is the un-modded nozzle. i just need to widen it at the base,and will also make it to cast front and back to fit nicely on the inner barrel.

Posted Image

here is a comparison with mine (left) and doopy doos(right). you can see why i think theirs may be fabricated.The shapes are all wrong and the bolts arent even Allen bolts!

Posted Image

Doopy's on top, DVH on the bottom

Posted Image

All the allen bolts are in rubber at the moment. The kit will include the cast allen bolts so you can use those as "pins" to assemble, or you can use real allen bolts. :)

thanks Rick!

Yea for now im just going to cast it as 1 piece, unlike the doopy kit. Id like to maybe cast it in pieces so when you assemble it it looks like it works. As far as functioning, it would probably have to be metal, i dont think a working resin folding stock would hold up. But hey, it will probably be somethin ill mess with and if i get it to work, ill offer it with the kit! :)

haha..im at a stand still right now. Dont have the cash for more mold rubber..and with the holidays coming up fast, i thought maybe i should buy the wife some gifts instead of myself some mold rubber LOL!

But after the holidays, i'll be at it again. Almost all the parts have been molded. Just need to do the stock and a few small parts. Then i just have to teak said parts to fit the pipe..and then remold those parts that fit directly on the pipe. Im also workin on the ESB stunt/promo greeblies and scoperail.

Oh and these kits will be cast in black onyx resin so no more scraped paint and that lovely beige/off white color comin through!

So i noticed that the (please excuse my lack of gun knowledge lol) internal part that goes where the ejector port is and also houses the cocking lever...just fits in the PVC pipe. It will need very little modification to work. Which makes me think Doopys part may be fabricated, as the front nozzle seemed to be as well. The doopys internal didnt fit in the PVC pipe without a ton of modding that just isnt worth it IMO, plus it doesnt appear to be cast off an original part as it looks very different.

the Sterling part lot also came with the internal barrel. So what im going to do is cast both ends of the internal barrel to attach to standared metal electrical conduit to make this piece hollow. It will be made so the nozzle attaches to the internal barrel and that attaches to that ejector port part, in essence, like the real sterling. So then you can have semi internals to give it a more realistic appearance, and be hollow for wiring if need be. Im also making it so a spring can be set into that ejector port and the cocking handle can also be put where its supposed to be. Im also casting the allen bolts that go in the nozzle as separate pieces that will work like "pegs" you just put some glue on em and put them in the nozzle and thet will attach it to the internal barrel. Also if you wanted you can use actual allen bolts and dont need to mod anything, just put them in as they will thread the resin. All this will add a little weight to the blaster but i think it will be awesome to have that option. You will still be able to assemble it without those parts if you desire.

These are the parts im talking about:

Posted Image

they will go together like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image