TK's in Mos Eisley SE

Smally

It's no secret how much I hate the SE sandtroopers - everything about them is just wrong!

Now, this has been bugging me for years but, another thing that I hate about the SE is the four TK's seen standing on either side of the road - not only is it a cheap way to bulk up the scenery, but ILM make it worse by simply doing a mirror image of the same two troopers! Arghhh!

There is also a brief scene with another two TK's patrolling through some crowds!

They are not welcome here George! They have not passed 'Police officer' status and belong on the Death Star! Leave the dirty planets and systems to us!

Okay, moan over....

post-3212-0-89587700-1354061510_thumb.jp

Yeah all the scenes in the SE version of the old saga sucks!!! big time and makes a big joke out of a historical master piece.

I never see the SE versions, and i guess i will never buy the blue ray versions as well cause to this madness.

I hope some day the will publish the old saga as they was made back then, but cleaned up as blue ray standard...

if not... i just see them old and dusty as the real versions on dvd :thumbsup:

(only that ESB wampa on planet hoth as a real bloody costume, and not as a bad looking computer freak figure are ok cool made i think, as the only scene i like in the SE versions)

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I hear ya Rolf!

The only version of ANH that I watch is the ADYWAN version. That guy did what ILM failed to do. It's simply brilliant!

I'd recommend everyone to download it!

gottalink ? wat is adywan?

gottalink ? wat is adywan?

ADYWAN is a British guy who spent 2 years perfecting ANH. He took out all the rubbish and used his editing skills to iron out any in-discrepancies . He reedited certain scenes to make them flow better, such like the scene of Luke and obi at obi's house giving Luke his sabre etc.

His version is called "Star Wars revisited"

Because he classed it as a "fan edit" he uploaded it for free - only condition being is that you have to have purchased starwars previously from a store etc (that's so he doesn't get into trouble for offering it for free). You can download it from most torrent sites. Use google to search for it ;)

Just type his name into YouTube to see some of his work.

He has been working on "ESB - revisited" and its going to be awesome! He's adding more AT-AT's in the battle of hoth, more scenes of a "busier" Echo base, ion cannon, etc etc....

Trust me guys, just download it - you'll laugh at LFL's special edition in comparison ;)

just watched noticed so much stuff seriously never noticed 3po,s right leg is silver. loved heaps of bits

i guess you,s noticed that the TD with black pauldron in road blocks pauldron is orange underneath can see it better in alley check and again wen falcon takes off as he watches it fly off?

and in control room on death star just before 3po says " im not quite sure sir ...she,s here" luke and han have the same side shoulder bells on hans right and lukes left oops :)

and the white pauldrn TD in cantina,s pauldron is white underneath also.

and finish strips not there on calf backs first scene but are when they search falcon on death star.

the final battle was better and he cut out that silly explosion ring round the DS wen it goes up but thought they shouyldve left yavin out :)

Glad you liked it mate. There's a list somewhere of the few hundred changes he made. Once you've seen the list and know what to look out for, it really makes the movie a million times better.

Ill see if I can find the list and post it up.

Yup, Adywan's edit is the definitive version for me, and Lucasfilm should be embarrassed they were outclassed and outdone, with all their money and resources by a guy doing it at home on a home PC in his spare time.

Look out for the wave of TIE fighters coming in during the Battle of Yavin, a recut Vader/Obi-Wan battle making it appear faster and more aggressive (with some musical nods to their previous duel in EpIII), Han shooting first (as it should be), facial expression on some of the cantina creatures, cutting Jabba's scene which was not needed after Han's dialogue with Greedo anyway. He also sorted out a lot of colour balance problems and issues with the rotoscoping of the lightsabers.

And how the SE got the sandtroopers so wrong I'll never know.

I hate, hate, HATE the CGI sandtrooper climbing down off the dewback outside the cantina. The movement is SO bad. How hard would motion capture have been, or even using an actual person? And given that anyone here can replicate an original TD costume, again I've got to think Lucasfilm just couldn't be bothered to do it properly, hence the SE sandtroopers ended up like the rest of the SE, not very well thought out and poorly executed.

As a side note, when the SE came out on DVD, I made sure that as well as the box set, I also bought the edition of Ep IV that came with the original theatrical release. ESB and ROTJ SE are ok, but ANH was ruined.

I didn't even bother with the blu-rays. I might have if the films hadn't been messed with further, but the thought of Vader yelling "NOOOOOO!" when dumping the Emeror down the shaft makes me cringe.

It's no secret how much I hate the SE sandtroopers - everything about them is just wrong!

Now, this has been bugging me for years but, another thing that I hate about the SE is the four TK's seen standing on either side of the road - not only is it a cheap way to bulk up the scenery, but ILM make it worse by simply doing a mirror image of the same two troopers! Arghhh!

There is also a brief scene with another two TK's patrolling through some crowds!

They are not welcome here George! They have not passed 'Police officer' status and belong on the Death Star! Leave the dirty planets and systems to us!

Okay, moan over....

post-3212-0-89587700-1354061510_thumb.jp

Don't sit on the fence Brad, tell it how it is... :woot: