Anthony "Move along, move along" Forrest

The Dirty Trooper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after working with Anthony during my SWAT mission last year,and him telling me how the original 76' look was achieved ,by Mollo,and , also how heavily weathered these guys actually were,, he finally got to see my weathering and 76' "bodges " - like the dome headed screw,gaffa tape etc; for real when he looked at what i had done on Dave Marsdens SWAT armour ....and he said that the look,shading,textures,and heavyness were "bang on" to how it was,originally,on set in 76' ! he actually said "this is the look George wanted,and the look he got " :peace: .... HE CONFIRMED ALSO THAT THE WEATHERING WAS HEAVY ON THE ORIGINAL LID !....and said my lid was close to how it was on set,when he saw it ....that made my day,,after so many people gave me hate and abuse (outside of MEPD,may i add) for doing the heavy,single pigment raw umber weathering,and the "scruffy,rushed -on set look " on my builds last year (,and the same people ,also told me that i was wrong in doing this ) !.....i was so relieved when .Anthony looked over my work ,and told me ,that basically that i had done it right! WOOOOHOOOOO ! :peace: we chatted 76' "on set "stuff together, quite a lot over the weekend, l and he was always happy to see me for a "geeky " chat,and have pics taken with us MEPD dudes ....76' ALL THE WAY !!!!! :td:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great pics are here....I met him in germany this year as well. He is a really nice guy and it was a really great honour to meet him and had a nice talk with him. And also I've a sign of him in my lid :woot: (I know it's not Anthony's saying, but I didn't want "Move along" in my 'Look sir droids' helmet :P --->

Posted Image

Marcus,it was great to finally meet you at the weekend, you are a top guy !, and your snowie is totally awesome too buddy !! :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: ....glad i was able to take the pic for you too,Anthony loves us MEPD dudes ....he's a real star ! :peace:

....and now that is 4 MEPD,SWAT officers from Leicestershire !!!!.....Marcus lives a couple of miles from where Brad,Dave Marsden,and I live !!!!!!! ......Leicestershire must have the highest concentration of SWAT officers ,in the same county so far ! :thumbsup::td:

Marcus,it was great to finally meet you at the weekend,and your snowie is totally awesome buddy! :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: ....glad i was able to take the pic for you too,Anthony loves us MEPD dudes ....he's a real star ! :peace:

Mate we need to meet up for a :pint1: and chat about MEDP and UKG stuff.

Hey troops,

After all the chatter from the lucky guys that got to meet" the man" at the weekend, I started to look at a load of pics of him in the captain role. Upon closure inspection of the classic 'behind the scenes' pic of him with the lid off, I noticed how he is wearing his neck seal. It seems to be tucked in at the front (as we all know already, the neck seal can't be seen at all from the front) yet it is normal at the sides and rear.

Now the reason why I personally find this interesting is because I have always had a bit of trouble with my neck seal catching on the opening of my helmet and, at times, restricting my head movement. Maybe this was a common for some of the actors so they modified it a bit?

Take a look:

Guys I am so jealous. I so wish I could've been there with you guys. Interesting to see you at MEM actually Dave I thought you hated MEM? Lol

Nick

NICK .........,YES, I SAID I'D NEVER DO MEM AGAIN !!!!! ,.......but,as you all may know ,when i did my SWAT BUILD i talked to Anthony Forrest ,a lot and,he told me how the look was originally created in 76' on set,and how Mollo ,and the props guys achieved the look that is so inspirational for us all today ! ... Anthony,through his communication to me ,thus inspiring me to "break the mould of the "3 pigment weathering technique" used by nearly all sandies previously,,and made me decide to go for the original ,brown,,heavy weathered "single pigment" look,with the gaffa tape,reshed paint jobs,and quick fixes used on set in Tunisia ,back in 76' !.....he looked at my pics regular,but,as with the movie....what you saw on screen wasnt what was really there ! :thumbsup: ....so i attended the event for the charity side of our legion,,and,also to show Anthony in person, my work on Dave Marsdens armour,and my own lid ,so he could see it for real ! .....and ,we talked 76' a lot over the weekend too ! ......... ( 2 of my biggest haters ,and trouble causers when i was doing my SWATwere also at the event too !!!!! ...but, i'll say no more here guys ! ).....Anthony said it was bang- on to the 76' look ,so i am happy,and now i can ignore the haters once and for all !! .. AMIDST ALL THE HATE,I KEPT ON BELIEVING THAT WHAT I WAS DOING WAS RIGHT !!!!...i took into account the tunisian sunlight,camera filters "bleaching the weathering!!!...looking at the black and white shots of Mollo weathering the guys up- the shaded parts of the guys looked real heavily weathered,the upper parts in sunlight looked lighter-more subtle-so i mentally averaged it that the shaded parts were more realistic ,"depth wise" so went heavy on the brown !.......and in the end,after ANTHONY SAW MY WORK, AND POSITIVELY COMMENTED ON IT TOO ! ..from that moment .knowing ,then that i did it right !, after all thE BAD STUFF I HAD TO ENDURE ,finally made me a very happy man !! :peace: ....76' all the way duders !!!! ! :td:

Maybe he just try to sweet off, getting some air under the thick and hot diver suit.

Must have been ****, having that on plus armor under the hot tunisia sun (plus he was sun burned making the road block scene he told me)

Move a long... :td:

look at his handplates here too guys ! ...they are NOT reversed,as Dave Marsden had to do them for his SWAT ....(actually it looks like the right handplate is correct,and the left maybe reversed judging by the lines of the handplate )maybe, yet again ......the gloves were possibly mixed up between shoots,just like the lids,and armour were ! ....... ;0)