Backpack #4 build

Smally

Hey Troops,

Ive been collecting parts for a new back pack build and am wanting to go for number 4. I have nearly all the bits however I cant figure out what the upper left part is (the ribbed section)

Any one have any closure/clearer pics of this?

I have checked on the CRL but again its very hard to tell.

Thanks.

post-3212-0-63745900-1353520379_thumb.jp

You can probably use this to help guide you, Smally!

Here is my build that is part of my SWAT gear currently in progress and almost completed.

*Note that the detonator plate size is smaller (or cut in half) for screen accuracy. This version of the pack has the missing mortar cap, and only 4-5 'tubes'. ('Door to door check' trooper). The one in the alleyway at Falcon takeoff has the full 5-6 'tubes' , bee stinger and the top mortar cap. (The 'tubes' actual number varies because they were always falling off at one point. So your best bet is to just eyeball it number-wise. :thumbsup:

Also the 'tubes' are the same size diameter as the 'shotgun' shells' on # 3. Just trim length to required size. Oh, the cistern also 'swivels' / angles a bit in placement.

Overall, the design is similar to the FILTER PACK. Just see the minor tweaks and details and adjust accordingly. (i.e. upside down radio, missing bee stinger on one of the versions, sideways facing dish, lab pipe, etc) Hope this helps you out a bit! :td::yes: .

Posted Image

...Pre-Weathered and before I trimmed down the detonator plate...

Posted Image

...and the test run at COMIKAZE 2012 last September...

Posted Image

@ Rick - Agreed. Thanks for the guidance, Brother! Yeah, this pack version was and still is a tricky one to tweak! I'm still trying to hash out the accuracy of mine. I have 2 versions of the tubes. I have a set up with a half tube mount and the ones you see in my pics above.

-- I noticed that the top box looks like some sort of packing case. Although close in size and pretty much the same shape, I did notice in a few shots that when you look at the pack (front) , the right side of the top seed tray has latches of some type. Almost similar to the latches found on a plastic tool box (see pic # 1 below for possible (?) latch example, not the box itself )...

Posted Image

Posted Image

** Notes:

-- The Cistern appears straight on the Pack # 4 version worn by the '"FALCON TAKEOFF" alleyway trooper (standing in middle of shot) and the Bee Stinger is also present. You also see the left side pipe and the top left 'tube' array mount looks complete. (no missing tubes)

Posted Image

Good job so far guys.

The problem is that without clear pics is pretty much always going to be guess work. I'm gonna do the build with what we know for sure, with the option to add any "discovered" parts in the future.

@ Rick - I like the fact that the detailing on all the pack versions have progressed big time over the past couple of years! Our attention to accuracy have convinced a lot of other legion designations to switch over or at the least consider joining us! :td::yes: