T-21 My Build

Posted this over at FISD and thought i would share with my sandy bro's, thinking of my next build being a TD.

So while waiting for armor and done as much as I can up until now, two blasters made so I thought I would give a T-21 a go. Unlike the E-11's most of the materials for this build I have around the place or I can get for next to nothing. Found lots of info and some templates so hold on here I go.

Marking out first, measure twice, cut one

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now to start glueing a few pieces together

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just a few more pieces done

Posted Image

Posted Image

Made some spacers to take up the gap between the tubes and added the tapered section

Posted Image

Found a couple of water fittings, had hexagon heads so had to turn them down on a friends lathe, then used a file to make the knurl effect

Posted Image

This was the only ribbed pipe I could find

Posted Image

Was 30 mm too narrow so what I did was slice it down the middle, cut some sections out of the off cut then glued and siliconed them in.

Posted Image

And this is what I have so far

Posted Image

Few more bits done, top section all sanded and glued

Posted Image

Cut and modified some pipe to make the outer rings, had to enlarge one and reduce another, also found a couple of O rings for some of the finer detailing

Posted Image

Used pieces from two coupling to make the front section and taper

Posted Image

All the pieces on the pipe, think I will paint them all seperately and assemble later with a dab of silicon to hold them in case I want to change any pieces later.

Posted Image

A few details pieces done

Posted Image

Using some reticulation dripper pipe for the barrel detailing, easy to bend when heated, then tape it to the barrel to hold it's shape until it cools, gives me time to do the blue wire twist Posted Image .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just did a bit of rounding on the butt, drilled the chanels for the oil brush and holder

Posted Image

Using the electronics from a $6.00 toy gun.

Posted Image

Assembled on the front which is hidden in the pipe, added another speaker and a red hi-bright led

Posted Image

Fitting a small micro swith, spring and trigger

Posted Image

Found a small push battery light, using the front cover as it will give a nice look inside the pipe instead of just seeing the one led. Even with only one led the beam of light is quite intense.

Posted Image

Side pieces glued on, just some final detailing and sanding to go

Posted Image

So bit of filling, sanding and now some stain Posted Image

Posted Image

The smell of paint is in the air Posted Image

Posted Image

Hit the primer with some 400 wet and dry sandpaper, now to coat in some silver and black

Posted Image

Just love how quick this silver dries, now on with the black Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything painted, stained, varnished, cleared, now it's just a matter of assembly Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are a few pic's assembled Posted Image

Posted Image

Some close up details

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More detailing

Posted Image

Diffused light in action

Posted Image

Managed to order 2 slings from here came to $43.00 including postage, their site search doesn't work well, I just looked up the weapon model and the slings came up. Will post a picture of the quality when they arrive.

Slings came today, very pleased, good quality, now just have to make a sling mount and fit, shouldn't take too long now that my DLT-19 is moslty finished.

Posted Image

Sling bracket and mount made, just need to sand and paint

Posted Image

Now primed, satin black and satin clear

Posted Image

Paint dry, mount and bracket fitted, slings attached, T-21 is done

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks everyone for the kind words, definately a warm and friendly bunch around here, looks like a TD will be in the cards in the very near future, get down and dirtly lol

Posted Image

Yes we need a dirty brother to go alonge that awsome T21

Thanks everyone for the kind words, definately a warm and friendly bunch around here, looks like a TD will be in the cards in the very near future, get down and dirtly lol

Posted Image

Copy that, you will never find a better brotherhood forum then the mepd world wide.

Now you got the gun, hope you get the armor soon as well and suit up ready for duty :thumbsup: