DLT-19 My Build

Have this build thread over at FISD but thought I would share it here as I may be taking a leap for another armor build (dirty) in the near future

Found some technical drawings online, was a full size print so I had to spend an hour copy and pasting onto A4 size template then print them all. Just spent an other hour cutting and piecing them together, this is what I have so far.

Posted Image

I may just add that most of the pipe sizing seem slightly larger than most of the templates I have found before, oh well cross my fingers and hope this one is ok.

So my aim was to try and build this gun close to original, which of course means a lot of work, I had to decipher the plans and convert sections into templates for seperate parts. It has taken some time unlike my other builds just to try to get to the cutting stage. There will be a lot of work to make all the smaller components also unlike my other builds. Of course pipes in Australia are metric and not imperial as in the UK and US so that was another challenge, lucky I still have a box of pvc fittings left from my markets buy. I also had to modify the templates for the holes to fit the metric pipe, all I did was measure the pipe then adjust the templates width to suit and printed, the holes are slightly oval but that won't matter as they still have their centre marks. As you can see below I have made quite a mess so far but seem to be making progress, should be able to start cutting later today

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got the basics of the pipe work sorted, just need to do a bit of final sanding and drill some holes

Posted Image

Using some garden reticulation threaded pipe and fitting to attach barrel to body of gun, be removable for transport

Posted Image

Front sight and muzzel lock made and holes drilled

Posted Image

Got a bit more sanding done on the main body and lid

Posted Image

Just made a switch compartment, using some plastic, a spring from a pen and micro switch same as my other blaster builds, also using a hi-bright red led and electronics from another $6 toy gun

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Barrel threaded section glued to main body

Posted Image

A few of the finer details on the grip cover plates

Posted Image

Selector switch and mount screws

Posted Image

Trimmed butt and body to take spacer ring

Posted Image

Just making the grooved plate and screw head on the rear of the butt

Posted Image

Heated the back of a knife on the stove and used this to melt the grooves, took two heatings, also found it made the piece curve upwards, just about the right contour as the butt

Posted Image

Tapered disc, for screen accuracy

Posted Image

A few more details to the body

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was racking my brain thinking of how I could get the knurl look on the side handle and while scouring the shops found this $2 torch, couldn't believe it was just the right diameter too.

Posted Image

Handle fitted and a few more details added

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just onto the stand now, making the adjuster, still need to find a bit of spring tension rod, maybe a bicycle spoke will do

Posted Image

Now the stands and a few details

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not a lot of progress last few days, health issues. Managed to finish the folding stand, have made it all operational, was quite rewarding making it all work

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A few more bits of detailing, electronics fitted into side cover

Posted Image

Posted Image

T tracks and wire fitted

Posted Image

And this is where I am at so far

Posted Image

Posted Image

With the electronics working

Posted Image

So bit more sanding, few more details and now primer. Going to be 34degC here today so paint will dry pretty quick so no doubt silver should be on before the end of the day. Posted Image

Posted Image

Now some silver, after it dries I will paint the butt brown to simulate the bakelite look, then paint black over the top and when weathered some brown will be seen

Posted Image

Got a coat of brown on the butt

Posted Image

Also a few bits with black

Posted Image

The black is on, looks so nice, now I have to decide if I am going to weather it or leave it crisp. Had decided earlier to weather it but it's sooooo nice all black Posted Image

Posted Image

that is amazing where can i get the blueprints that you printed out to make one myself don't know if I can but i'd like to try

Was doing some digging around online and came across them by accident, plans are here, you do have to register but only takes a minute. I have found a fault with the plans so far, one of the hole sections is missing one row of holes. I just made a blank A4 image, then copied the plan into it which is huge, then just moved the plan around and printed sections, if that makes sense. I will be making templates sections in pdf when I finish this build and will correct them and post them on the forum

Posted Image

absolutley stunning bro!

nice skills,how long do you think it took to build in all?

Thanks everyone, took about a month on and off to build, had a bit of practice before with two E-11 blaster builds and a T-21 which I will post shortly. Really got bitten by the building bug so got carried away with blaster builds. My TK armor is in the mail so will be building that soon, seriously thinking of a TD too