Disney will buy Lucasfilm Ltd a will release EpVII in 2015

iconoclasta_88

I think this is great news personally....am I the only one.

I have mucho respect for George Lucas and what he has given us, but his Star Wars vision has alwasy been very self centred and blinkered in respect of the films. He ruined many aspects of the original trilogy by tinkering too much and the new trilogy just wasnt in the right direction for me, although I do still love the films. Unfortunately alot of us want darker and more realistic storylines and that just isnt the vision of a producer trying to cater to a young audience (hence Jar Jar Binks).

Disney did amazing things with Tron Legacy (one of my all time favourite films...I wet my pants every time I see the visuals in that film) and I think they can certainly work the same magic with Star Wars. Who knows what direction they will take, will they go with the Thrawn trilogy type thing, or will they try and include the old actors again (I hope not as I dont think this will work) Needless to say when they are talking about people like Jack Snyder and Joss Whedon, you have to be excited to see what will happen (who doesnt love firefly..and imagine a Star Wars film that is as gritty and realistic as Firefly).

Great day for Star Wars to inject some new blood behind the wheel.

NIck

totally agree Nick :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy about new movies but I don't think they will use existing EU material but that is not a bad thing in my opinion I just don't want a reboot of the existing movies that would make me upset I am sure they will have more cool toys coming out from this in which my Kids are absolutely thrilled about that and I will be able to take them to a movie theater or Imax and watch them with them like I did with my mom when i was young. They might do the same thing with Indiana Jones as well which as much as I love Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones I could see a new movie with that just not reboots

horrorrr... horroorr horrroooorrr.... (a little Dexter genius boy)... i feel like a bantha...on the market before a die... Disney buy a LSF, history,image , prestige and fans... and me and You... no life,no fun, no future... next episode or 'films' be like a Xena movies . Its a new time for us, a old fans remebered a old trilogy in the theatre...old pictures in a cake-box go away... killed by new agressiv,colourised pictures by mickymouse producers... princess Leia with a litlle princeses, Javas with a dwarfs and ewoks with a Pluto...

horrorrr... horroorr horrroooorrr...

I had dinner with a movie industry friend and SW fan who's met Kathleen Kennedy and believes she'll do good with it. At the end of the day the new movies and spin-offs will inevitably split opinions whether or not it's directed by the likes of Whedon or Abrams or anyone else.

I had my moment with the original trilogy. I don't need another. Especially since I'm basically still living in my original trilogy moment ;-)