Disney will buy Lucasfilm Ltd a will release EpVII in 2015

iconoclasta_88

My concerns were the same as Jay. However we are a huge force to be left aside.

Sure thing Albin and DL leaders will step up for this one. Could be early though to jump into conclusions.

Worst but worst case scenario would to be not 501 st in case of legal issues.

But as I said before we are a huge force to be left aside.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to hope and be positive that this is a good thing...none the less, I will keep on trooping and making kids smile and will always remember what Star Wars did for me as a kid...

And heres hoping to seeing more Sandies in the new movies... :yes:

Im going to hope and be positive that this is a good thing...none the less, I will keep on trooping and making kids smile and will always remember what Star Wars did for me as a kid...

And heres hoping to seeing more Sandies in the new movies... :yes:

Totally agree and respect your comment bro ;)

Wuhaa crazy news.

I only have the old saga here, and i only like to watch the old saga, and only like the suits from the old saga etc.

Don´t like the SE version of the old saga either.

The new movies are not just star wars to me, but a beautiful adventure movie for the new generation kid´s, but not made for us old times/old fans i guess.

A # 7... Hhhmm i guess its ok by me, as the 3 new ones have all ready destroy the dream of getting more star wars, so having one more, i guess it will not hurt, as the damage have all ready been made in my book, and i guess i can´t be more bad them episode 1 whit that jar jar clown all over the screen.

My thoughts almost exactly! im a fan of the original trilogy. 4,5,6. thats it. To me THAT is Star Wars. the prequels arent really my thing.

Im curious to see where they will go with it. Its still going to be done by Lucasfilm with nsome input from George, it will just be financially supported by Disney. We shall see i guess.

I'm scared :unsure:

Feer and anger leds to the dark side.... Lol. No serios i only Care about 2 things US and the " old episodes" pray that he dosent alter it any further. I hope and pray that whit mr. Lucas on the sideline 501 st. Will do buisenes as usual

Interesting point I read I think on the legion forums, what happens to all the artists, comic book writers, creative people at cons, etc. Have you ever seen a disney writer at a con?

I think Disney can do good things for star wars itself. My concern will remain about the legion, the people that make armor and props, our merchandising.. etc. Its the uncertainty that kills me the most.

http-~~-//youtu.be/YyqlTi7lkhY

I guess i´m all ok whit there will come a lot more star wars, for me personal i´m only into the old saga.

But i like the fact the universe keeps alive, maybe not for me, but for other people, and kid´s, like my son 3 years old etc.

For now i have only show him the old saga, but maybe the star wars cartoon series, new episodes etc will bring some joy to the younglings out there.

And maybe there will be even more events around all thing, trooping etc world wide.

Troop on :thumbsup:

Love the idea or hate it, this is big news for SW. I wonder where they will take the story?

Disney, being the movie empire that it is, will rule with a iron fist - that's for certain, so I can't help but wonder where it will lead us (501st) and our armorers.

Part of me thinks we're safe as we've been doing this for a looong time, and plus we do it for charity, but another part can't help but suspect we'll be shut down.... Or at least 'reviewed' by their lawyers.

I hope we are welcomed with open arms, but remember, this is business we're talking now....

I've been thinking about this since the news hit....here are a couple of my thoughts.

1. I think we will be fine based on the amount of charity work we have done in the past and will continue to do in the future.

2. We will definitely be reviewed by their lawyers and our day to day operations as a legion may change slightly....this way they feel they are in more control of what we do. Even if its just a simple tweaking here or there.

3. I think the brand makes sense to partner up with Disney. The biggest traffic to the parks tend to happen the days we are there.

4. George might be sick....he's getting older and at risk of the company going into the hands of ??? At least with Disney the vision has a chance to be carried out.

5. This is a way for generations upon generations to be exposed to Star Wars. Mickey is as popular today with kids as he was 75 years ago.

6. The original trilogy will always be special to us....no one will ever be able to take that away nor will they be able to change it. Even if its enhanced or whatever, it will be what it's always been to us.

7. The new movies will bring us to the theater or to the rental place even if we are opposed to the additions....it's human nature.

8. Bottom line....we all have a relationship with Star Wars and although we may hate what it does to us at times, we still love it and always will :)

Ive posted this all over, so why not here too lol...

This is from mary franklin directly:

"From Mary Franklin:

"Subject: Re: Rebel Legion status with new LFL/Disney?

Please pass this on to all the fan groups you know it you can.

###

Sorry to be brief but I am setting up a big company meeting Q and A at the moment.

The costumed Star Wars fan community and all Star Wars fans are vital to Lucasfilm and Star Wars. Our relationship is so very important.

Please know that we are carrying on business as usual, and you can continue to contact me as you always have. "

Calm, please. Posted Image"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I freaked out as well when i first heard this news of Disney buying LFL. But a few points were brought up and i have now calmed down in general for me to think, it probably wont be that bad.

LFL will not be "taken over and run by" Disney. Kathleen Kennedy will be taking over LFL, who was appointed by Lucas himself to take over LFL and the Star Wars property.

Disney does good when it comes to not messing with their secondary companies. I dont see this being any different. Also like was mentioned before, they use the 501st every summer foir Star Wars weekends. LFL and Disney have been tight for years and i only see this being as a good thing.

As for new movies....eeeehhhhh on the fence about that. Im a fan of the originals, 4,5,6. thats all i care about. Nothing will ever be as good as those. Not a huge fan of the prequels.

According to Mary Franklin, LFL will be run by the same people and the same way, only under the Disney umbrella. So i dont think we will see much difference on our end. They just have more Financial backing now. Lucas himself said they have material for more movies, he just didnt want to do them, personally. He never said they wouldnt happen ever Posted Image The woman who will be in charge at LFL, Kathleen Kennedy, was appointed by ol Uncle George himself, and she will be taking things forward. I doubt Disney will have any major input in what Star Wars stuff comes out. They will just get $$ and be able to put $$ into it. Cant see that as bad.

So i dont think we all need to worry. The only concern i had was the prop makers...but i have a fdeeling it will all be the same as its been. Disney is known for sending C&D's for their primary Intellectual Property, but not for their secondary companies. I would fear not, this is whole thing is probably more good than bad.

in the article i read, it stated, Lucas will be a consultant for all Star Wars films made. Disney wont be making the new films..LFL will be...just financially backed by Disney.

There is this article here that explains alot:

http://thewaltdisney....-lucasfilm-ltd

Also check out this one:

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/10/30/lucasfilm-disney-more-star-wars-and-great-times-for-fans/

Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....pleeeeeeeeeeeease :thumbsup:

I think this is great news personally....am I the only one.

I have mucho respect for George Lucas and what he has given us, but his Star Wars vision has alwasy been very self centred and blinkered in respect of the films. He ruined many aspects of the original trilogy by tinkering too much and the new trilogy just wasnt in the right direction for me, although I do still love the films. Unfortunately alot of us want darker and more realistic storylines and that just isnt the vision of a producer trying to cater to a young audience (hence Jar Jar Binks).

Disney did amazing things with Tron Legacy (one of my all time favourite films...I wet my pants every time I see the visuals in that film) and I think they can certainly work the same magic with Star Wars. Who knows what direction they will take, will they go with the Thrawn trilogy type thing, or will they try and include the old actors again (I hope not as I dont think this will work) Needless to say when they are talking about people like Jack Snyder and Joss Whedon, you have to be excited to see what will happen (who doesnt love firefly..and imagine a Star Wars film that is as gritty and realistic as Firefly).

Great day for Star Wars to inject some new blood behind the wheel.

NIck

Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....Boba Fett movie....Sandtrooper movie....pleeeeeeeeeeeease :thumbsup:

I agree to this whole heartedly I just hope I can buy my armor and stuff still if it becomes illegal well then I am gonna be a Sandtrooper /moonshiner lol I'll be the modern day Al Capone :)