Backpack shoulder strap methods...

Smally

I've got a new back pack kit lined up and shouyld be getting it in Nov. I will be looking to building it all again from scratch. On my last BP build I had a very simple and handy shoulder strap method which was basically two 1" (IIRC) straps which had a clip to assist with putting on.

I may use this method again as it was simple... and cheap! However, I was wondering what the rest of us do for the strapping...... Pics please peeps as it can be hard to explain/imagen what method youre telling us about.

Cheers all. :td:

I have the real vintage/like the one they used in ANH boy scout frame on my pack. There are holes in the top pipe and again in the lower corners before it bend out.

Perfect holes for adding strapping, so i just used a thick and wide black elastic, and add it there solid whit black plastic strips :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do you have a pic of the inside of the back pack please Rolf, just so I can see how you have attached it to the frame?

I can take some whit in a few days and post them here :thumbsup:

Mine is attached the same. The only thing I did was to put a parachute clip under the chest piece, to pull the straps together. This took the weight off the shoulders. Someone here gave me the idea about 6 months ago, and WOW, it definately works great.

I can take pics this morning.

Mine is attached the same. The only thing I did was to put a parachute clip under the chest piece, to pull the straps together. This took the weight off the shoulders. Someone here gave me the idea about 6 months ago, and WOW, it definately works great.

I can take pics this morning.

Cheers Jay, Look foraward to seeing them :thumbsup:

This is what I have on my pack:

Old school backpack straps with a chest strap. I just wear it over the shoulder bells and straps, and run the chest strap under the chestplate. Works awesome and very comfortable.

I thought I had a picture, but can't find it atm.

Will try to post a picture soon.

Saludos.

This is a new setup I am now using on all future pack builds.

Military Y-Harness. I separate the 2 padded straps from the top webbing that connects them.

I then wrap the nylon strap at the top around the frame tube and hold in place using 2 slide clips.

The bottom connections use the existing metal clip that attaches to a small D-ring clip that is attached to the side frame tube.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a new setup I am now using on all future pack builds.

Military Y-Harness. I separate the 2 padded straps from the top webbing that connects them.

I then wrap the nylon strap at the top around the frame tube and hold in place using 2 slide clips.

The bottom connections use the existing metal clip that attaches to a small D-ring clip that is attached to the side frame tube.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Give me this now!

Ah, cable ties! They hold the empire together ;)

lol!

i love these pics,my packs been sitting ready for a while,the straps are attached at the top but i left the bottom until i could

decide on the length with my armour on.

this has given me some food for thought,thanks guys!! :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

This is a new setup I am now using on all future pack builds.Military Y-Harness. I separate the 2 padded straps from the top webbing that connects them.I then wrap the nylon strap at the top around the frame tube and hold in place using 2 slide clips.The bottom connections use the existing metal clip that attaches to a small D-ring clip that is attached to the side frame tube.034Copy.jpg035Copy-1.jpg038Copy.jpg036Copy.jpg

Now that is quality craftsmanship.... Good job, and thank you for posting this...