DLT-19 Doopydoo's and few tweaks to make it good

Hi all,

I already posted these pics in other posts but as suggested from few guys here I started a new topic.

I bought the DLT-19 from Doopydoo's the last June, but I wasn't happy about the lack of details on the feed tray and on the absence of the charging bar ( even tough there'r a useful insert for a bolt on the right side).

All the details about the pieces that I thought to make are on the file below.

This is how it looked like after a light weathering with silver paint sprayed on a rag and after rubbed on the "GUN".

https://plus.google....431439116065825

So after a while I started thinking how make few pieces using some leftovers, like PVC pipe, ABS and PVC foamy sheets.

Charging handle made with a PVC pipe with engravings

Posted Image

Some tweaks on the left side

Posted Image

The ammo box on the right side

Posted Image

the engravings on the PVC foamy

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll update the topic just as I'll finish the painting and the weathering.

man that weathering looks great!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the topic and pics, yeah the weathering looks A+ real metal gun cool a like.

Very nice work all the way on it, i´m sure this will inspire many out there :thumbsup:

i love the extra details man

I am glad you liked, I'll update the topic later on :)

Are doopy's still selling these then Ruggero? I dropped them an email recently to enquire but have not yet heard back.

yeah there still doing them brad,i have 2 on order at the moment!(should be ready mid november as they have a backlog!)

if you do decide to order from them ,make sure you put"for the attention of casey" at the top of your email! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

update on my dlt19!

i missed out on the run,for some strange reason she missed my emails when it came to them being produced!! :verymad:

supposed to be on the list for the next run,trying and trying to get hold of casey but with no luck,im holding out as i know there great but too be honest im getting sick of emailing to nobody!! :6:

supposed to be on the list for the next run,trying and trying to get hold of casey but with no luck,im holding out as i know there great but too be honest im getting sick of emailing to nobody!! :6:

I got a reply from Casey a week or so ago to say im added to the run list for next year. I had sent a few emails with no replies but when I put Caseys name added with being UKG I got a reply, may help?

Just seen on RS Props FB page they've just posted a pic of a TD they've just done and I dropped the question if their gona look at doing any "big-boy" blasters?

• 3 weeks later...