Need help identifying this pouch!

The black pauldron trooper from the garindan scene and the door to door search is wearing this pouch on his left hip. Looks like a mp-40 pouch cut in half. Any ideas what it is?

Posted Image

Posted Image

We have talk about this pouch some time ago here on the mepd as well, but i guess its 3 to 4 years back.

We never got a 100% go for what it was, but we came up whit the same MP40 version as yours here.

The one thing there might do not match as the one in your pic here, is the rooms are curved, as the one in ANH looks like straight rooms... Plus the ANH one seems maybe a bit more short a like vs. the one in your pic as well..

Guess the ANH one as dyed black as well as the mp40 canvas shoulder pouch whit the small tool box on...

Or maybe the pouch in the ANH pic of the trooper in the alley door check are a black leather LFL art dept replica, just like the hip pouches was a replica sort of style to the MP 40 Stolla Wien pouch from ww2...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 4 months later...

Cool... a thread on this :)

I was getting ready to start a new thread. I didn't see this configuration in the awesome example pics in the CRL here: http://www.mepd.net/crl/private/

Can we add this configuration with pack #2, the black pauldron, and the small Spanish pouch on the right hip? Or do we need to figure out the pouch first?

I don't know if these pics are any better:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image