my scratch built DLT-19 based scout sniper rifle ! :0)

hey guys, i have recently completed a sniper rifle build for my scout based on a DLT-19 ( for the Battlefront game scout ) -the original game gun looked like an MG-42 to me with the barrel scalloping,but,i did this so i could troop it as a sniper rifle,and remove the scope to troop with my sandie too! the donor gun is a Hasbro E-11 stormtrooper blaster,heavily modded and re-built with the stock i carved from softwood ..... the length of the reciever is shorter, (and i did this deliberately ) and still left in a lot of the hasbro features/identity on the barrel,and the light and sound still functions ,and i used the dry brushed weathering technique inspired again by Pandatrooper ! :0) its maybe another option for guys wanting to build a DLT at very little cost !!!! i am planning to get another Hasbro and do it to the correct scaling ,and look, for Dave Marsden (TD5423) very soon! ..... here are a few pics

early stages here....

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

early stages of scope weathering....

Posted Image

... a view through the scope !!!!

Posted Image

...and, the completed blaster !

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

.... and me in my scout with the converted hasbro! :0)

Posted Image

Posted Image

i have no reciever ammo box or conical disc for sandie use on it at the moment ,and the flip -up MG-34 sight will need to be made,as will the bipod legs ..... oh,and if you are wondering..... the cocking lever is a BMX stunt peg from my sons old bike ! :thumbsup:

thanx rick ! :salute: .....i deliberately left a lot of hasbro E-11 details visible on this one -especially the barrel , and trigger guard , but the next one i will be building will be totally un-identifyable as previously being a hasbro! guys ! :)

• 1 month later...